GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone on here knows of the trouble I went through chooseing a GoldWing. Well I went and bought one yesterday( or tried to) I had been talking to the salesman for some time now. WELL ! I went through the financing and everything and went to pick it up. When I got there and was ready to sign the papers and drive off when the manager came up and asked me to sign a paper. He said I couldn’t purchase the bike unless I signed it. He said it was something Honda was doing. I read it. IT WAS A FREAKIN WAVER. I couldn’t believe it. I asked the guy what was up with that ? He said it was to protect Honda from lawsuits that they would cover the bike and any problems but I had to sign it. I told them I wanted my lawyer to read it and he wouldn’t let me have a copy. I really got hot then so I just left. I got on the phone with a friend of mine that just bought a GoldWing three weeks ago from there and He told me they made Him sign the same thing. Then to top it off He had vibration in His handlebars and the dealership said it was no issue. My GOD ! He had to fix it Himself. He’s now trying to talk to Honda about getting warranty to cover it. This blows me away. Does anybody else know what is going on with this waver ?

·
Chard Member
12,961 Posts
What was the name and location of the dealership? The stuff you've been spreading it's hard to believe you..... Did you post this on the Harley board also?

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Never heard of it.

What dealer, and where located?

Sounds fishy to me. I'd get the BBB involved, and maybe even give a call to the Consumer Protection ("Fight Back") reporter at your local TV station.

Just my thoughts...
Tom

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No I didn't and Im not. The dealership is in Foley Ala. Im still so mad I could bite nails into. My other bike is sold and the guy comes to pick it up Friday. I can't believe this. Is there a dealer on here that can explain this ?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Sounds like a legal maneuver to avoid a lawsuit if you wreck during a accel/decel wobble... :roll:

Lawyers. Reminds me of this joke:

A guy walks into a bar and sees a gorgeous woman nursing a drink.

Walking up behind her he says, "Hi, there, good lookin'? How's it going?"

Having already downed a few power drinks, she turned around, faced him, looked him straight in the eye and said, . . .
"Listen up, buddy. I screw anybody, any time, anywhere, your place, my place, in the car, front door, back door, on the ground, standing up, sitting down, naked or with clothes on, dirty, clean ... it just doesn't matter to me. I've been doing it ever since I got out of college and I just flat-ass love it."

Eyes now wide with interest, he responded, "No kidding. I'm a lawyer, too. What firm are you with?"

Maybe they both work for Honda. :wink:

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Sign any waivers they ask -- it won't remove their liabilties for wrongdoing.

Liability waivers keep some of the idiots from suing.

If cigarette smokers can sue for lung cancer, do you really think they work very well?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really dont want to get an attorney involved or cause problems. This dealership was the closest so I went with them. I have heard of the wobble problem and Honda was getting sued by someone but I thought the problem was resolved. I've never been asked to sign a waver before I bought anything in my life.

G

·
0 Posts
This guy is full of $hit, I dont believe that he bought a Wing and
I dont believe that he sold his Big Dog that fast either.
(If he even has a Big Dog)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Theres got to be a dealer on here that knows what this is about. I don't care if you PM me or what.. But just explain to me what this is please and can I just go some where else to buy my bike ?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WHAT THE HELL EVER ! I personally don't care if you don't believe me. All I can do is tell you what happen. The guy that bought my bike was a friend and had been bugging me for a long time so there. All He had to do was get the money. What is this ? Im being put on the stand here ? Who are you anyway ? If you’re going to bash someones integrity you should at least let us know just who you are.
There’s some really good people on here and they have helped me out immensely . Im asking them now if they can help me with this. If you have nothing good to say....say nothing. Thank You

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Teach me how to post a pic and I will show you my bike.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
G-Funk said:
Is there a dealer on here that can explain this ?
G... take a deep breath...relax. :)

You posted your original Q at 9:55PM. It's only been 30 minutes.

I'm sure by tomorrow evening at this time, either Hal, Jim or some other dealer should be able to give you an answer.

Tom

G

·
0 Posts
DC in CA wrote....

I can't believe you guys are letting the G-Funk guy yank on you like this. He's the same guy as Big Boy Toys on the HD forums. Read the other thread he started call "Check this out".

He sh!!!t stirring on both boards.

I thought you guys were sharper than that

2004 Candy Black Cherry
2006 GSX 1300R (Busa)
Always Enjoy The Ride

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Don't know anything about any wavers, but I would refuse to sign it, if the dealer doesn't like it go somewhere else and buy a bike.

·
Registered
19,052 Posts
G-Funk said:
Everyone on here knows of the trouble I went through chooseing a GoldWing. Well I went and bought one yesterday( or tried to) I had been talking to the salesman for some time now. WELL ! I went through the financing and everything and went to pick it up. When I got there and was ready to sign the papers and drive off when the manager came up and asked me to sign a paper. He said I couldn’t purchase the bike unless I signed it. He said it was something Honda was doing. I read it. IT WAS A FREAKIN WAVER. I couldn’t believe it. I asked the guy what was up with that ? He said it was to protect Honda from lawsuits that they would cover the bike and any problems but I had to sign it. I told them I wanted my lawyer to read it and he wouldn’t let me have a copy. I really got hot then so I just left. I got on the phone with a friend of mine that just bought a GoldWing three weeks ago from there and He told me they made Him sign the same thing. Then to top it off He had vibration in His handlebars and the dealership said it was no issue. My GOD ! He had to fix it Himself. He’s now trying to talk to Honda about getting warranty to cover it. This blows me away. Does anybody else know what is going on with this waver ?
THIS POST SHOULD BE DELETED AS SHOULD G FUNK

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
TELL YOU WHAT BLK04WNG. HERE'S MY E-MAIL. NOW THAT YOU'VE OPENED YOUR MOUTH SEND ME AN E-MAIL. I WILL E-MAIL YOU MY PICS OF THE BIKE AND YOU CAN POST THEM.

G

·
0 Posts
G-Funk said:
You are full of it ! :lol:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Im not going to argue. There's some really nice people here . I just had a question. Thanks to those that replied to my question respectably.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Like I said. Send your e-mail and I will prove it. You still havent done that.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts