GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Could the "Inconvenient Truth" be that Algore's "Global Warming Theory" is being exposed for what it is.

Anytime u guys wanna trade places - c'mon up........ 5 degrees (fortunately above this time) in paradise, aka Missouri ! ;)

Dave / Silver '09 / Farmington, MO.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
We're going to have to drop SNOT from our name 'cause it's frozen to our whiskers. :(

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I only remember one very cold day when I was growing up in Jacksonville....it was when I was back in GRADE School (many decades ago) -- it was snowing. :shock: Didn't stick though. But I never, never saw it as cold as 18 degrees. Brrrrrrrr. Hope the citrus growers are on weather watch!! :?

·
Premium Member
2,863 Posts
Forecast low for tomorrow night here in Jacksonville is:

18°F
Makes you wish that Al Gore's global warming claim wasn't a hoax don't it.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Orlando suppose to get down into the low 20s in the morning. I've got to go and wrap the pipes today. Citrus growers already had a lot of damage from the last one two weeks ago. Most groves north of I 4 got burned. South of there it wasn't as bad. This cold front might just put a lot of greenhouse growers out of business. Fuel cost to heat the greenhouses is staggering and hitting them hard.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Having trouble feeling sorry for you. It was -20 degrees celsius here last night. A high of -15 degrees this morning, and calling for a low of -25 degrees tonight.

Tough being up here where we can only ride about 8 months of the year and it is cold for 3 of those'

hope it warms up for you soon. Have pity on us

good riding

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Having trouble feeling sorry for you. It was -20 degrees celsius here last night. A high of -15 degrees this morning, and calling for a low of -25 degrees tonight.

Tough being up here where we can only ride about 8 months of the year and it is cold for 3 of those'

hope it warms up for you soon. Have pity on us

good riding
...but you aren't called the Sunshine State...and EXPECT to have your nurnies frozen off!

Having lived in Chicago most of my life I am laughing a little at how panicked people are. But still, if you're not careful (as we all knew in the North) you have frozen pipes, etc. I'm running the pool pump all night just to be safe. Covering plants may be a waste since the good ones died already. :(

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts

18°F

WTF?????
It's all relative. If I was still up north right now, I'd be thinking we were having a heat wave.

Sorry..., that was sarcastic..., and sarcasm is not my way. :wrong:

However, on second thought... :twisted::twisted::twisted:

The truth of the matter is, it was Hal (Shadow1) who brought all this south with him. I left all the cold up north when I came down, but not Hal..., oh no..., he wanted to "share"... :lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
209 Posts
It is not supposed to get this cold in Florida. This stuff is for northerners....
I think it may have followed a snowbird down..:wrong:

D

·
0 Posts
Should make for a nice Commute in the morning!:eek:4:

Gerbings on Broil for 40 minutes and it's done.:thumbup:

·
Florida Moderator
4,617 Posts
20 degrees in Florida is the same as 20 below zero in the northern states. Been there done that in my world travels. I was comfortable snow skiing in Colorado at 10 below, wearing the same gear that I wore yesterday riding my Wing at 48 degrees. We worked in T shirts at 20 degrees in the Mojave Desert. I thought I was freezing to death when it went down to the 40's in Southeast Asia. The key factor is the humidity. When it's 20 degrees in Florida, it's a damp, penetrating, bone chilling cold. I recall 9 degrees back in 1960 or thereabouts.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
20 degrees in Florida is the same as 20 below zero in the northern states. Been there done that in my world travels. I was comfortable snow skiing in Colorado at 10 below, wearing the same gear that I wore yesterday riding my Wing at 48 degrees. We worked in T shirts at 20 degrees in the Mojave Desert. I thought I was freezing to death when it went down to the 40's in Southeast Asia. The key factor is the humidity. When it's 20 degrees in Florida, it's a damp, penetrating, bone chilling cold. I recall 9 degrees back in 1960 or thereabouts.
Finally...someone who says the same thing I do. I lived in NJ for a while and then Chicago most of my life. Worst weather was -84 with windchill. I have NEVER been as cold in Chicago as I've been here in FL. There are some mornings where 40 is like 10. I rode to Jax a couple weeks ago at 41 degrees and was appropriately dressed and nearly froze off my bike...I should have dressed for 10 vs. 40... In Chicago 41 was a heat wave. Here it darn near had me scream!!!

·
Registered
2,918 Posts

18°F

WTF?????

That's what you get when you live in South GA......:joke:

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
In total agreement OBT. I think the temp you refer to would have been in winter of '61-'62. I had just started (legally) riding. My new BSA would not start that morning. Tried to bump start, no-go. Pulled off the fuel line, ice in fuel. No gasoline additives back then I guess. We did the same to my buddy's Ducati. Sat the bikes in the sun and all was well in about an hour...........except for the ride to school, and it probably had warmed up to near 20* by then.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Message from Big Al...

Your 18 degrees is the direct result of global warming. But don't worry...Al Gore is on the job and, as he did in inventing the Internet, he will take care of us all.;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts