GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Nice to know we share the road with totally pathetic, unaware, moronic drivers like this sparkling gem of society. "Oh, so THAT'S what that noise was!"

·
Registered
425 Posts
So the driver knew he had been hit and left , then decided to go back ?
Yeah right , if there had been not rider in the back would he have just hidden?
Maybe he thought he had been in one that killed the rider and the nnoticed he was still alive ?

·
Registered
19,239 Posts
No helmet=DEAD in this situation.
Helmet=ice pack and sore hand

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
This Marine is rated for 50mph

No helmet=DEAD in this situation.
Helmet=ice pack and sore hand
Full-Face Helmet accounts for a 30% difference in survival rate (GAO & NTSHA), not that cut and dried.

Son rear-ended a car on I4, he went through the rear window and was in the back seat, the R1 firmly wedged in the window. Not even stunned, he just kicked the bike out to get back out of the car. My son was NOT charged for the accident, it was a four car pileup where charges were laid on #2 hitting a stopped car on the side. His 2 second following distance at least got his speed down to something survivable (unlike the other accident where he T-boned at 50).

For this accident, Fleabay parts, about $600 to replace the front forks, brakes, triple tree and paint-matched parts. Last time the bike was not even recognizable as a bike on the cherry picker, so he is getting better.

My following distance is 2 to 3 seconds. Has saved my bacon for 35 years. Situational awareness looks after the rest. Much (30 times according to NTSHA) more effective than a Helmet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts