GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see a continental 195-65-16 on ebay. would this be a good tire and make the speedo correct?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Dennis Elliott said:
I see a continental 195-65-16 on ebay. would this be a good tire and make the speedo correct?
If it will fit it, would correct the speedo error. With the taller sidewalls and unless it's a run-flat, I would fear it would be too soft. If so, you will introduce excessive rear-end movement and high speed instability. However, as this issue is all about, no one has tried one. Give it a try and let us know; just take it easy until you see how it feels for you. Worse case, you might be out a couple of hundred bucks adding to the collective wisdom. (I've never heard of anyone dropping a bike because it has a CT on it and they just could not handle it.)

·
Registered
973 Posts
Dennis,
I seem to remember reading that the 195/65 tire would rub the swing arm. The swing arm being curved to fit past a rounded tire without the square shoulders of the CT.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Pirelli Eufori Run Flat, 195-55-16

May have to tie back part of inner fender. The Run Flat's really thick sidewalls create an almost MC tire feel, not to mention the safety issue of never having to worry about a blowout.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts