GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is what I need

Seat. I love the look of Corbin, thinking burgundy with black trim with my red wing, read great reviews of RDL and ultimate, but not best looking. RDL I am sure are the most comfortable but look bulky and have a hard time putting on our new sleek wing.

highway pegs I think the Goldstrikes are the ones, I think they will work no matter what position I end up in.

windshield Possibly F4 20 tinted, maybe the 24 but it depends on the seat height, I am 6'2" 33 inseam, 33 sleeve

passenger goldstrike pes. Again maybe not needed with new seat position, I think she would love them

handlebar risers. My bars are fine now but with the new seat and highway pegs this might change

Not sure in what order because depending on what seat this could change the Shield, risers, and highway pegs. I might order the goldstrike highway pegs first as they are adjustable.

Maybe I am answering my own question, seat first, just can't decide on which.

Reactions: Goldstrike3d

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Seat first. Seats will chaNGE the relationship to pegs and handlebars. So get the seat that is most comfortable first. Then go to handlebar risers, if necessary, then highway pegs and passenger pegs.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Sound advice :thumbup:

·
Registered
119 Posts
+1 on GOVS advise. Sound guidance.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Go to a Walmart or any place that sells seat cushions, and pick one out that fits your stock seat....I got mine at Walmart for under $10.00 and I can enjoy that ride for hours on end.. save your self hundreds of dollars......(then go buy all your extra's)

Ronnie

Reactions: maxthrust

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
My first mod would be highway pegs. I think they are a game changer regardless of seat. Low to medium cost as compared to seat.

Then the seat..... high dollar and takes time. I wouldn’t spend the bucks on a seat until the vendors figure out the heat. I won’t buy this bike until this becomes available.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I went the other direction. I have goldstrike pegs, helibars, floorboards. I loved the corbin on my HD but wanted to give the stock seat a chance. Did 300 miles on it saturday and it was not that bad. The pegs are infinitely adjustable so that should not be an issue. The helibars are worth every penny because they move you upright. I also installed a klockwerks shield. I am holding off on the corbin for the moment, trying to see 2 things. 1st, if i really need to switch or if the stock seat because it is more firm will suffice and 2nd, would like to see corbin integrate their heat and cool with the factory controls. Just mho

Reactions: Kenichi
1 - 9 of 9 Posts