GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is another question from a newbie. I have set a little budget up for myself to spend on my new Gold Wing. I figure I will put $400 a month for a few months into the bike. So with all of you people out there with all the bolt and stick on stuff.....what would you spend the first $400 on? It can be a big item or a few small items.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Decisions Decisions Decisisons

You need to decide whether you want to be comfortable when you ride or to impress people when you get there. That is how I decided to accessorize my GL 1800. I chose to make the ride as comfortable as possible then go to the "impressions" thing. I ride with other people a lot so a CB was first. Next the music thing. Hiway pegs. Seat modifications, windshield and handlebar risers. In that order. Then I started getting the chrome. I bought a piece here and there until I am close to where I want to be with the look. I have always been one to worry more what I think about something of mine, than to care what you think about something of mine. Get the point?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input. I have looked into the back rest. A friend of mine bought the one that folds forward. It is pretty tall. The problem he has is he really has to be serious about getting on the bike because he isnt real tall and it is all he can do to get his leg to clear it. I have looked at the utopia and the only question I would have about that one is wont the cut in the seat allow water to get down inside?

·
Registered
287 Posts
03CANDYORANGEWING said:
Here is another question from a newbie. I have set a little budget up for myself to spend on my new Gold Wing. I figure I will put $400 a month for a few months into the bike. So with all of you people out there with all the bolt and stick on stuff.....what would you spend the first $400 on? It can be a big item or a few small items.
The first two items to buy are, :yes: UTOPIA B/REST = $170.00 and Trunk Lid Spoiler with E/C Conversion Kit to make it a Run and Brake Light cost = $250.00 Approx. :yes: The next items after this are, Tulsa Belly Pan, :clap2: Tulsa Wind Mirror Deflectors, :1st: Handle Bar Riser Kit. :s27: All items after this are for show only. :banghead:

:luck: :rw1: :luck:

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Some of the first things that I added were what I felt were safety items.
I bought driving lights,Kisan brake light modulator an EC turn signal conversion kit for visibility,and the Tulsa Belly pan to protect the coolant tank.
Then I started working on comfort and looks

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
The Extended warranty that is on sale this month with HDL. Spend that money and come back and ask me next month. Then I will tell you Tulsa Belly Pan, Kury ISO grips with Throttle boss, Electrical connections Reflector / Light kit, and the Kury combo stealth - mirror lights.

I would have no problem spending your money. As I didn't have any problem spending mine.

Bulldog

1 - 11 of 11 Posts