GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a taillight bulb out. What type bulb is in there before I get it apart. Just to keep from putting it back together to go get more parts.

·
Registered
56 Posts
just a word of advice. The acorn nuts are factory tightened........and may not come off without spinning the threaded post. I got no support from my dealer or Honda when I tried to change mine. I was told......you put a wrench on it...it voids the warrenty. My advise.....take it to the dealer.....let them change it........save you alot of heart ache

·
Registered
21,052 Posts
my experience changing the tail lite bulbs

very easy, all u need for tools is one socket wrench

i usually change them myself in the parking lot at my dealer

give them the old bulb and tell them the miles on the odometer, if your bike is still under warranty they can give u a free replacement , i think the lady said the bulbs would cost $1.50 each if not under warranty

after about 100,000 miles my tail lite bulbs started burning out one at a time and they have all been replaced

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
The Service Manual does not say the # for it. Look in your owners manual, it might be different. Mine is tucked in the bike too deep right now. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Sylvania 7443

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
PEGASUS, there is a service bulletin on this, it is covered under warranty, are calling Honda or is the SHOP telling you that is what they say?
The bulbs are user seviceable and they can not deny warrancty because you took off the nuts. GO TO ANOTHER DEALER.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well...Mudbug........I talked to the dealer after I discovered the problem of the studs spinning in the tail light housings. The dealer called Honda and talked to a Rep. The rep is the one that made that call. Saying that I was responible since I did the work myself. I bumped into that rep at Wing Ding in Fort Wayne last year.......after talking further about the situation, I got the same NO from him. My last comment was........if you dont want people working on their own bikes....then why do you sell service manuals.........he didnt have anything to say...............well anyway.....that's what happened to me.........sad but true. Thanks for your feedback.............just thought I would explain it further

·
Registered
256 Posts
Factory must have tightened them to tight. Pull the studs out, get crazy glue designed for plastic and reglue them, will never have that problem again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts