GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going from a Harley to. Wing last week, I'm trying to decide on a new helmet. I currently have several. I mostly wear my Scorpion Half helmet. I also have a Nolan full face but it is an older style without com. I'm looking for a good helmet that is communication ready. A lot of folks I ride with use full face, but down hear in South Florida I think they are too hot.

Just curious as to what helmet you use and why?

Thanks

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I like my HJC is33 3/4. Reasonable price. I have full face, but just don't like it. There will be as many opinions as there are people though. :lol:

Reactions: TrikesterKit

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I have a Scorpion EXO-100 and the EXO-900 transformer helmets. I also have a Seer half helmet that I use specifically for the hot weather due to its fantastic air-flow.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I currently use a Shoei Neotec and I really like it.

If you are looking for communication ready modular... then I have a nice Scorpion EXO900 for sale here:

Scorpion EXO900 Helmet with J&M inetgrated headset + lower cord.

That would allow you to have the best of both worlds. Especially since you can use it as a full face with the benefit of lifting the chin bar up anytime you want... or it converts into a 3/4 helmet nicely as well. :)

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Mostly Shoei RF1100 or Qwest, although I was an Arai user for many years.

HJC on my dirt bikes.

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
I like the Nolan N-104 flip face helmet it has drop down visor, and can be ridden in jet mode. It also has the pin lock anti fog system. The b4+ Ncom system intergrates beautifully into the helmet. the price is also more reasonable than many other high end helmets.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
I like my HJC is33 3/4. Reasonable price. I have full face, but just don't like it. There will be as many opinions as there are people though. :lol:
I agree, plus they are lightweight, and have a full, pull down clear shield, for use in the rain. The inner padding can be removed for washing, and they are reasonably quiet.

Although they are not communication ready, it is easy enough to install your choice of headsets.

HJC in my opinion, was once the K-Mart of helmets. But, they have come a long way, as a reasonable alternative to the $400 -$500 Models.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
HJC IS-33 3/4, flip down face shield for the rain. $100-$120. SCALA G4 comm. installed.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Nolan and HJC both flip face.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Shoei neotec with 629 elites for comm on the wing

Scorpion FF with Sena Bluetooth for my Bandit.

·
Registered
19,057 Posts
I rotate two helmets a Shoei 1100 & a Shoei Neotech both wth J& Elite ear speakers .

Base or brand decision heavy on comfort

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Shark Evo II

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
I use a Shark Evoline modular helmet. It is either a 3/4 or full face. Being able to open the chin bar to take a drink or talk to people is a plus for me. With it closed, it's a full face helmet.

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
I own an ARAI Profile and a SHOEI Neotec. The ARAI fits my narrow long oval skull better but I prefer the SHOEI because it's a modular with flip up chin and wear it most of the time. Also have a row of HJC's collecting dust on a shelf in my steel building.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I own an ARAI Profile and a SHOEI Neotec. The ARAI fits my narrow long oval skull better but I prefer the SHOEI because it's a modular with flip up chin and wear it most of the time. Also have a row of HJC's collecting dust on a shelf in my steel building.
:agree: Profile & Neotec for the same reasons (J&M Elite in the Neotec). No dust collectors, as I recently disposed of them :tongue:

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I have a Shoei Neotec & a HJC IS33 with J&M headsets in each. I also have a Bell Vortex Flying Tiger that I use on the bike with no audio (Lowrider). I had been using Nolan N90's, but they became uncomfortable after 3-4 hours.

·
Registered
849 Posts
The wife and I use Nolan N43 Trilogies and love them... The granddaughter prefers full face and uses a Shoei DuoTech...

Les

1 - 20 of 95 Posts