GL1800Riders Forums banner

41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
I use a Shark Evoline modular helmet. It is either a 3/4 or full face. Being able to open the chin bar to take a drink or talk to people is a plus for me. With it closed, it's a full face helmet.
:yes1::yes1::yes1: Same for me I am really satisfied with mine. Their on sale at Revzilla right now.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
HJC... Fully crash tested and proven worthy. :yes1:

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have two Gmax helmets and really like them. Very comfortable units, one full-face and one that is an open-face model. The FF model is 7 years old so I decided to retire it. In a Harley-Davidson dealer I found a Fulmer M1 modular. MSRP was 153.95 but they were closing it out for less than $100.00. Tried it on and it fits GREAT. Fit and finish is superb and it fits the way it should so now this is my primary helmet. I have tried on SO many helmets and they just don't fit right. Tried on a Bell recently and it must be made for SMALL heads. I could not even get a XXL over my ears... :roll: Same for Bilt (Cycle Gear).

Best advice is to go and TRY on the helmets, do NOT order online just too many variables.

Here in Arizona helmets are not required and I just cringe when I see a H-D rider shooting along the interstate in Phoenix at 70+ MPH wearing just a dew-rag on his/her head...

·
Registered
16,862 Posts
I had forgotten the model number so I went to Shoei site to check it and apparently no longer offered. Any way, half helmet with the heavy leather ear covers. Have a couple of 3/4 style and a flip face too, but they collect dust. Also ride in T shirt, blue jeans, and low cut Nike shoes.

prs

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Schuberth Concept modular flip face and I love it.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Helmets

I wear a Vega Technology Summit 3.1 full face modular helmet, my wife wears a HJC full face helmet. I like the fit of the Vega and the cooling aspects of the liner, and it has a built in sun shield, also it was the only helmet that I could find that offers color match for the 2012 GL1800. The communication systems installed very well in both helmets.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Correct fit is more important than brand.
Buy the best helmet you can afford that fits you correctly.
Do not buy a specific brand unless it happens to fit well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Love my Shoei Neotec... had the rf1100 and it was great too... but its awesome to have the flip up face shield while drinking some water or at the gas station for a quick stop.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Full face Arai Signet Q

·
Registered
226 Posts
I presently have 2 Nolan N-43's on order. Should be here by the 12 Dec., according to the shipper. The wife and I tried one on at the Alaskaleather store in Anchorage AK last summer. They fit us like a glove, so we decided on new ones.....Ken

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Shark Evo 3

Sent fom my Galaxy S3 using fat fingers

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
After slumming through cheap helmets, I thought I'd buy two helmets for comfort and quality:

Shoei J-Cruise (3/4 with faceshield)
LaZer Carbon Monaco (the lighest modular on the market [by far])

·
Registered
228 Posts
GMAX GM54S Modular Helmet

I've had it about a year now, no complaints and a great price too.:thumbup:
+1 just got a pair for wife and myself a couple of weeks ago best bang for the buck - has very good ventilation (lots of vents), pockets by ears for speakers, rear red light for night riding from steady to flashing, internal sun visor, good padding, neck roll and very comfortable fit, just added the SENA SMH10-11 to both. Good luck and take your time finding what you are comfortable with in fit and cost

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Like wimpyhonda said...find a line that fits your head shape and then get into picking a design that you like.

To answer your question, an Arai Profile that I haven't worn in over a year and an Airoh Mathisse Air (modular) that is great in warm/hot climates.

If you are one the "think outside the box,"…consider going to the UK Ebay site and look up the Caberg Breeze helmet line.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Shark Evo II and III. The II required a bit of work to make it fit my "American" oval head, but wore in to be day long comfy. The EvoIII is advertised as being better for the oval head, but didn't feel like it till I found hidden sponge rubber bit in the forehead area under the liner. Ripped that out and it fit great. Also took out two small pads on the upper cheeks that were pressing on me too much. Instructions didn't mention these things, but the Evo III after a bit of exploration has turned out to be all day comfy quicker than the II. I have both, and don't wear any other helmet, these are all day comfy, and good for below freezing up to 105 degrees. Love having option of open face or full face without even stopping.

41 - 60 of 95 Posts