GL1800Riders Forums banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Thanks for the responses. I ended up getting a great deal on a Scorpion EXO900 High Vis, brand new for $190. I ordered the J&M Performance clip on head set and the lower cord on sale for $79 at Eastern Performance. I just hope the head set will fit ok.

·
Registered
905 Posts
SHOEI RJ Air .. :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
You do not need a $600 helmet to protect your head. I have used HJC for years now. I switched from an Arai which is super expensive. Anyway, I have been in a couple accidents with the HJC, one of if you look at the helmet it is easy to say it saved my head from severe damage (Some may argue with that). Of course by switching, I lost my bragging rights.

·
Banned
792 Posts
You do not need a $600 helmet to protect your head. I have used HJC for years now. I switched from an Arai which is super expensive. Anyway, I have been in a couple accidents with the HJC, one of if you look at the helmet it is easy to say it saved my head from severe damage (Some may argue with that). Of course by switching, I lost my bragging rights.
This is true, but the Shoei is the only one that is comfortable on my noggin and that is a very important part when you have one on for hours at a time. I have a 3/4 HJC and wore it for years but it would kill my ears after a couple of hours. Fit and comfort are the key factors.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
This is true, but the Shoei is the only one that is comfortable on my noggin and that is a very important part when you have one on for hours at a time. I have a 3/4 HJC and wore it for years but it would kill my ears after a couple of hours. Fit and comfort are the key factors.
I'm lucky I guess, I have ridden 1100 mile days with my good ole HJCs. No problem. :thumbup:

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
A good-fitting mediocre helmet is better than a poorly-fitting luxo-helmet.

That being stated, a good-fitting luxo-helmet - once you take the time to find a good one that *really* does fit well, is really worth it.

Current lid: HJC RPHA Max
Retired a HJC Symax II after five years and over 50,000 miles

Talk about a night and day difference. :shock:

·
Registered
16,865 Posts
Shoei RJR-Platinum R is OK, the one I really like by them is possibly no longer made, looks like the traditional moto-cop's helmet.

prs

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
I'm lucky I guess, I have ridden 1100 mile days with my good ole HJCs. No problem. :thumbup:
Yes, you are very lucky to have a head shaped for the HJC helmet. I know people who buy them for price, but you are the first to say they are comfortable on a long haul that I have heard of.:thumbup:

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Probably a funny shaped head. :)

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
312 Posts
Schuberth C3 world

My primary helmit is a Schuberth C3 world... My summer helmit is an HJC FS3. I like the HJC becuase it is much cooler in the hot months than the black Schuberth modular. I do need to form the Schuberth to fit my forehead, as my head shape is just a little off...

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Have used Nolan 102, 103 and current 104. Do not like the 104 as it just has some annoying features. The larger windscreen while providing slightly better peripheral vision seems warmer than past models when riding. I also find the screen has less opening adjustments and unless you have it closed it has an annoying to me vibration in my field of vision so riding closed is the only option even with the built in sun screen engaged (it doesn't retract automatically anymore as well). Overall I feel they went in the wrong direction with this noisy helmet....just my opinion but it will be my last Nolan and I will soon be searching for another that fits my head...FIT IS EVERYTHING and I've had bad experience with HJC and other modular when it comes to comfort. We typically ride 400-500 miles per day on weekend rides here in Arizona so comfort is required.

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
Before you toss HJC completely of the list, you might try that helmet shop up your way and see if your head will fit into the one I mentioned in my prior post. They seemed to step up their game on that helmet, but time will tell how well it will last.

Sent from my teeny screen using my big fat fingers!

·
Registered
69 Posts
My primary helmit is a Schuberth C3 world... My summer helmit is an HJC FS3. I like the HJC becuase it is much cooler in the hot months than the black Schuberth modular. I do need to form the Schuberth to fit my forehead, as my head shape is just a little off...

I have been leaning towards the Schuberth C3 & wondering if it is as light & quiet as advertised? For $800+ it should be an engineering marvel? Is it worth it??

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
If I felt the need to wear a full face helmet - I would just take the car - but I've been riding Dirt bikes without & only a 3/4 helmet since I stated riding when we only had B&W TV's but that just makes me old and mean :joke:

Also had a friend that had the flip-up full face shield was looking one way and ran smack into the back of a stopped panel truck -didn't have time to Flip Down :shock:

I have an arai 3/4 model 2004 still fits :shock: & looks okay

Reactions: f86sabjf

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I have been leaning towards the Schuberth C3 & wondering if it is as light & quiet as advertised? For $800+ it should be an engineering marvel? Is it worth it??
If you can afford it...go for it. Make sure it fits your head, I tried on a C3 and did not like the fit at all. Quality workmanship and materials though, the price well it is what it is.

61 - 80 of 95 Posts