GL1800Riders Forums banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Shoei Neotec. Best helmet I have owned and I think I have had them all. The Schuberth is a fine helmet but it's shape does not fit me. I have not tried the Pro version. The Neotec is very well built and quiet for a modular helmet. It doesn't leak in rain and has an excellent ventilation system. The fact that the liner comes out is a huge plus. They are expensive, but what is your head worth. I also have an Arai Signet which is a very good helmet, but I prefer a modular these days.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Have used Nolan 102, 103 and current 104. Do not like the 104 as it just has some annoying features. The larger windscreen while providing slightly better peripheral vision seems warmer than past models when riding. I also find the screen has less opening adjustments and unless you have it closed it has an annoying to me vibration in my field of vision so riding closed is the only option even with the built in sun screen engaged (it doesn't retract automatically anymore as well). Overall I feel they went in the wrong direction with this noisy helmet....just my opinion but it will be my last Nolan and I will soon be searching for another that fits my head...FIT IS EVERYTHING and I've had bad experience with HJC and other modular when it comes to comfort. We typically ride 400-500 miles per day on weekend rides here in Arizona so comfort is required.
Spent the weekend looking for Helmets and have come up empty. Best fit is Arai but that eliminates the modular styling and built in sun visor. Really wish the Shoei fit my head but 10 minutes of wear and a hot spot quickly develops. Going to jump on the bike and head over to Chaparral in San Bernardino in the next few weeks (after Grand Exuma Bahamas next week) to check out the Shark Evoline. Have decided to pull the trigger on a 2015 so new helmets and intercoms are on the list as well, we'll keep the existing for the grandson's who continue to grow like weeds.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
I ALWAYS wear a full face. Most severe head injuries and deaths due to head trama are caused by the facial and jaw bones being pushed up into the skull cavity, vs. a single direct "hit" on the top or side of the helmet. To me, it's the most common of sense.

I like the inexpensive HJC's... currently I am using 3 FS-15 Trophy models purchased on closeout for $89. each! They are comfortable, light, well-finished, both DOT & Snell 2010 certified...

AND CHEAP! :money1: :bow: :yes1: By alternating usage, they should last many years before wearing out.

The full face is best for safety. The half helmet is said to be worst then no helmet for safety.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Well lets see, newest is Shoei Neotec, then Scorpion 900, Arai Corsair, Shoei Rf1200 or HJC. Fav is either the Neotec flip or the full face Corsair.

·
Registered
9,193 Posts
If you can afford it...go for it. Make sure it fits your head, I tried on a C3 and did not like the fit at all. Quality workmanship and materials though, the price well it is what it is.
I just read some recent German language motorcycle magazine review...the HJC RPHA (full face) bested the Shuberth in their tests, as did a helmet from BMW.

Not bad for a $450 helmet.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nolan N44 with com

I've had more than 10 helmets and this by far the best and quietest I've ever had. It also configures about 6 different ways. Great helmet.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Full face Scorpion EXO and my favorite Bell PitBoss Half helmet (light weight) with integrated visor.

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
This has probably already been said. Go to a brick and mortar store that will allow you to try on helmets in your price range then buy the one that fits from that retailer.

I prefer modular or full face helmets.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I always buy Arai full face... I do believe they are the finest helmets on the market...I now use the RXQ model

John
RX-Q here also, I like the way you think. :grin2: I wish Arai would make a modular but I guess thats there way of being uncompromising? :surprise:

81 - 95 of 95 Posts