GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of buying some new boots and was wondering what you guys are wearing. I'm curious to what brand, how high the shaft is, etc.

Dennie

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Work boots.8 inch water proof. No particular brand.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Street riding, I love my Doc Martin Industrial 2295s.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Boots

Tony Lama, with special lug sole sewn on,sz 15.......If I did not have such a good understanding I think I would use Cruiserworks.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Double H Boot company harness boots.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I'm sure there are better boots...
but I haven't found any that can
perform as well for under $100.00
These are very lightweight, waterproof,
traction is excellent, comfortable all day...
even when shopping with the wife.
My next pair will be the same.
mine have 45,000 miles of riding
on them.
Bates BTS-W2268-05y

Attachments

Reactions: XPD21

·
Registered
280 Posts
Danner Acadia's. Very light and with the 200 Thinsulate the feet stay comfortable all the time, untill the temp gets in the 40's. Then they get a little cold but not uncomfortably so. Hot weather doesn't affect them either. They have a fairly cushy sole so they are as comfortable as sneakers. Plus like all Danners they are waterproof. These are great boots as they will breathe in the summer but keep your feet dry in the rain.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
red wing water proof work boots and red wing motorcycle boots. A lot of motorcycle specific boots look too weird for my tastes and I don't like buckles or zippers some have.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Oxtar TCS EVO RX

They have mechanisms to prevent the foot and ankle from being over-extended.

Not a comfortable boot to walk in, but not bad either. The ankle protection mechanism is noisy. Vented for cooling.

Very comfortable on the bike. I've done several 12 hour days in them.

Oh, and they throw cool sparks when you drag them, LOL.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
I wear these formerly Oxtar Matrix

http://www.newenough.com/boots/wate...oots/tcx/x_five_touring_motorcycle_boots.html

I'm on mine 3rd pair in 5 years. They are comfortable, have incredible grip on slippery road services and are completely waterproof. I've ridden in driving rain for 12 straight interstate hours and they didn't even think of leaking.

These and the Gaerne boots are also one of Fred Rau's favorites.

Joel

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
I wear these formerly Oxtar Matrix

http://www.newenough.com/boots/wate...oots/tcx/x_five_touring_motorcycle_boots.html

I'm on mine 3rd pair in 5 years. They are comfortable, have incredible grip on slippery road services and are completely waterproof. I've ridden in driving rain for 12 straight interstate hours and they didn't even think of leaking.

These and the Gaerne boots are also one of Fred Rau's favorites.

Joel
So you've spent over $600 for riding boots in five years?:eek:4:

I am still wearing the same pair of $120 DMs for 3+ years and they are my everyday boot too.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Year round I wear Frank Thomas Aqua Street boots. I've been wearing the same pair for three years and there is still no signs of wear. Warm in the winter, cool in the summer, my feet stay dry in the rain, they are comfortable to walk around in, and occasionally I wear them with my slacks and tie at work and no one really notices I forgot to bring my change of shoes with me (or no one bothers to mention it).

1 - 20 of 173 Posts