GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Aspen and of corse the mattress you get with it not suitable for sleeping on. Any ideals?

·
Registered
672 Posts
I have a Aspen and of corse the mattress you get with it not suitable for sleeping on. Any ideals?
Double or Queen sized airmattress on top of the provided foam on my Kozy Kamper! Verr Comfortable, just don't inflate it too full or you be bouncing like a ball!

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I have an Aspen Classic...and have removed the standard mattress..replaced it with two Twin sized air mattresses...put a comforter over the two of them when inflated, then a fitted sheet followed by a top sheet and a light blanket if needed. Very comfortable. When getting ready to roll, deflate the mattresses and put them along with the other bedding in place of the original mattress and fold things up...actually takes up less room than the original mattress and now have room for the bedding in the same place. Did have to replace one of the air mattress after waking up with NO air and an obvious leak. But now all is good.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The thing about air mattresses I worry about leaks. The REI way might work I will head over there today and check them out.

·
Registered
901 Posts
The thing about air mattresses I worry about leaks. The REI way might work I will head over there today and check them out.
Air mattress will leak sometime and the air inside gets cold if put on the bed board. I just use the standard pad that came with the Sentry, but I like a hard bed.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I have an Aspen Classic...and have removed the standard mattress..replaced it with two Twin sized air mattresses...put a comforter over the two of them when inflated, then a fitted sheet followed by a top sheet and a light blanket if needed. Very comfortable. When getting ready to roll, deflate the mattresses and put them along with the other bedding in place of the original mattress and fold things up...actually takes up less room than the original mattress and now have room for the bedding in the same place. Did have to replace one of the air mattress after waking up with NO air and an obvious leak. But now all is good.
what he said

1 - 6 of 6 Posts