GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this isn't a solid argument for an EXTERNAL XM Radio antenna on your sleek new GL1800, I don't know what is!

I just watched this video, to see about adding XM radio to my new GL1800. Now, given the 75% disassembly of the motorcycle that is needed to install Honda's XM radio antenna, what the %$^& was Honda thinking?!? I would have GLADLY paid an additional cost for a factory installation of the XM antenna while the bike was being built, even if I NEVER activated the XM radio!

Instead, they sell you the antenna, with this installation process you must go through.

COME ON, Honda! WTF?!?

Joe

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Yea, no kidding......... I don't have the new bike but have watched a lot of videos regarding it and installation of things, I guess mostly Cruiseman's stuff. He commented on that the replacement of the air filter was a breeze on the old bike compared to doing it on the new bike. The video on installing the homelink got so long I stopped watching it, and the vid on the XM antenna install was something like 37 mins long and I didn't even watch it knowing if it takes a video that long to show the process, that's crazy...

I know a lot of folks love their new bike but just reading about folks adventures of just changing the oil and filters on their DCT bikes has me shaking my head...

·
Registered
50 Posts
I dont have the new bike either but I sure hope Honda is paying attention to comments here re antennae installs. It would make perfect sense to have it done during factory assembly. What would it cost them...couple bucks?
They need to think more about the customer experience !

·
Registered
8,749 Posts
If this isn't a solid argument for an EXTERNAL XM Radio antenna on your sleek new GL1800, I don't know what is!

I just watched this video, to see about adding XM radio to my new GL1800. Now, given the 75% disassembly of the motorcycle that is needed to install Honda's XM radio antenna, what the %$^& was Honda thinking?!? I would have GLADLY paid an additional cost for a factory installation of the XM antenna while the bike was being built, even if I NEVER activated the XM radio!

Instead, they sell you the antenna, with this installation process you must go through.

COME ON, Honda! WTF?!?

Joe

You Tube Video - Install Your Hondaline XM Antenna in 167 easy steps!

There are easier ways to install the antenna that works great.
Requires seat removal and pass backrest, look at post #3, thanks Bob.:smile2:
I love my XM. I never listen to the radio.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts