GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
111.4 at the back door to my office and I rode the wing to work this morning!! It will be a loooong 6 miles home this evening so I am begining to hydrate now--BREAK TIME!!!!:tongue::excited::thumbup:

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I sure hope you put a towel over that saddle this morning or there will be Mark Fries for dinner tonight....:oops:

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sure hope you put a towel over that saddle this morning or there will be Mark Fries for dinner tonight....:oops:
112.3 now YIKES!! My goose may be cooked!!! :22yikes:

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
111 for me on the way home!

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
SIX miles?
Oh golly gee wow. :shock:

I'll be leaving OKC around 3:30PM Thursday to ride 260 miles home in that sort of heat.

Ask me how sorry I feel for you :roll:

(not throwing rocks at ya ... 6mi just struck my funny bone)

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SIX miles?
Oh golly gee wow. :shock:

I'll be leaving OKC around 3:30PM Thursday to ride 260 miles home in that sort of heat.

Ask me how sorry I feel for you :roll:

(not throwing rocks at ya ... 6mi just struck my funny bone)
6 miles was suppose to strike a funny bone. Glad it worked!!

Be very careful in this heat!!

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Todays heat was just brutal. I swear you guys must be Masochists!!! :bow::bow::bow:
The heat was bad!!
nope, not me, but i have a buddy that can run a lathe!!:tongue:

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Didn't you turn on the A/C? It comes out those little vents down by your knees unless you have a 2012 from which its been deleted.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Didn't you turn on the A/C? It comes out those little vents down by your knees unless you have a 2012 from which its been deleted.

Mine must need some freon!!

·
Registered
580 Posts
I rode mine to Arlington yesterday, 130 miles round trip. I saw 109 in FW but I made it home before it got really hot.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I have been in California for the last six weeks tending to my hospitalized son so I am missing that awful heat since it only gets as high the mid 90s here. His home is in the foothills of the Sierras near Georgetown and the roads there are fantastic for riding. Unfortunately, I don't have my motorcycle with me. I'll be back soon, but not looking forward to the heat.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
109 here in Cove with no relief in sight for quite awhile.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
109 here in Cove with no relief in sight for quite awhile.
Didnt you build a "Mr Chill" cryogenic vest?? Are you using dry ice or liquid nitrogen in yours.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I saw a piece on the news last night that was interesting. TxDot has placed sensors in the pavement in certain roadways around the DFW area. Over the last few days they have seen the highest temps ever. Near the surface, these sensors are registering 135 degrees! Now thats HOT!

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I saw a piece on the news last night that was interesting. TxDot has placed sensors in the pavement in certain roadways around the DFW area. Over the last few days they have seen the highest temps ever. Near the surface, these sensors are registering 135 degrees! Now thats HOT!

I just saw 2 trees fightin over a dog!!!!!!!:roll::shrug:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Didnt you build a "Mr Chill" cryogenic vest?? Are you using dry ice or liquid nitrogen in yours.
Paciia,

Why, yes I did. Switched to a larger cooler in the back seat. Used two milk carton sized blocks of ice (H2O). Tested it last Sunday over 150 miles and 2.5 hours. Temperature hovered between 100-102.

When I got back to the house, I still had two blocks of ice the size of softballs, so I suspect I could have ridden another hour before the ice melted.

When I get back from my stepson's wedding, I'll start a thread with pics on my attempt for a cooling vest. Total price was <$120.

It worked well on my torso but at these temps - it's still d**n hot!!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts