GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first bike was a Honda Trail 90. I was almost 12 years old and I was very proud of it. This is not mine but is just like it. They were awesome for riding in the hills here in Southern Ohio.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
First one I ever bought was a 1973 Honda CB450.
Was not allowed to have one until I grew up and moved out of the house
Rode all my friends bikes up until then

·
Registered
546 Posts
My first bike

1953 Sears Vespa motorscooter. It only had a front spring with no shock absorber. If it was a Vespa Vespa it would have had the front shock.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
My first motor-cycle was a Schwinn that my Dad and I bolted a 2.5 HP Briggs & Stratton motor on when I was 14 years old. My first "real" motorcycle was a Honda CB360T I purchased new in 1974.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
1972 Kawasaki 500cc 2 stroke 3 cylinder. (H1. ? I think was the designation). I'm lucky I'm alive; never had an accident-- my guardian angel was working hard!!

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
74' Kawasaki ke 175, first street bike was a 74' Kawasaki KZ400 ..

·
Registered
467 Posts
1965 Honda 305 Super Hawk!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Mine was the Honda Super 90 but I had the Eureka Vacuum Cleaner Chrome Wand Exhaust Modification! Very few of these were produced. In fact I've never seen another one! At least I could hear it running!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Red 1976 Kawasaki KH400 2-stroke. I burned the baffles out of the mufflers on a high speed ride from central Ky to Indianapolis and back. It had a beautiful ringa-ding-ding-ding sound that was noticeably higher pitched after that trip!

Random photo found online: kh400a3-red.jpg

·
Registered
323 Posts
MaroonWhizzer.jpg
My first bike was a Wizzer

·
Registered
114 Posts
175 cc Brigstone 2 cycle 2 clylinder

·
Registered
130 Posts
1965 Triumph 650. In my hometown here in so cal there were about 6 or 8 of us that had them, a lot of great memories. Bought it in 1967 and my mom didn't like it at all.

·
Registered
531 Posts
HONDA CB160,

Purchased in 1965. I was in the Air Force and could not afford a car at that time.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
This was my 1st road bike. I bought a brand new one like this in 1976. It was $1500 and man it was a monster on and off the road. XT500.jpg I wish I still had it!!!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
106 Posts
so I'm a little slow....

First bike with a motor was a Motron Moped around 1980.

Looked just like this:

motron moped.jpg

First Motorcycle is a 2002 GL1800A. purchased in 2012.

(one small step for man, one giant leap for me!) ;)

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
First bike, (scooter), Doodlebug, 6" wheels, seat was stuck on with broom clips, lived on a dirt road with bumps, stood up to avoid bumps, seat bounced off, sat back down on SPARK PLUg!!! :22yikes: Still hurts just thinking about it and that was 65 yrs ago and some 20 MC's later..

·
Registered
410 Posts
First was a minibike back in 1966. My Mother told me I could get one if and when I could pay for it myself. Saved up the $, and bought it from the local hardware store. They called her that day because I was to young to buy it myself. She was shocked when they told her that I had the money. The week after, she grounded me because of my grades, and she took the bike away. Finally got it though.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts