GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealership in Shawnee, OK, where I bought my bike, offered me the warranty for $895. I never do anything without thinking about it first, so I told the lady I'd get back to her. Since then, I've seen advertisements that are much lower. For instance at Schroaders, the same warranty is $597. I'm probably going to get the warranty, just curious what the going rate has been in your area.

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
You can wait to buy the extended warranty, if you choose. You have as long as the orignal warranty is in effect.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
499 bucks from the board sponsor.........450 bucks if you wait until the
labor day sale.........
But not for us Florida suckers.....we have to pay the full fare cause the extended warranty was made an insurance product by the idiots in the state capital (at the behest of car dealers) and the price is fixed.....$895.00 and they are now watching for vehicle registration and addresses.

·
Registered
349 Posts
But not for us Florida suckers.....we have to pay the full fare cause the extended warranty was made an insurance product by the idiots in the state capital (at the behest of car dealers) and the price is fixed.....$895.00 and they are now watching for vehicle registration and addresses.
What!!! No senior discount on this in FL??? Say it ain't so!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I paid $458 from Honda of Russellville when I purchased my '12

·
Registered
425 Posts
Now they say it''s not available to FL residents, no exceptions? Did I miss something? Like, my opportunity? When opportunity knocks, I usually in the can! :wrong:

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Will you be having service work done at this dealer? Is this where you will go for warranty work?

If so, tell them in a nice way that you will be able to buy it online for $450 in a couple of weeks...you'd rather buy it from them...but there is no way you can afford to spend $895. Then tell them you'd pay them $500 since you know they have overhead to pay for. If they bite great and the $50 bucks is probably worth it in goodwill later.

I buy stuff from the local dealer all the time. Yes I could get stuff online for cheaper, but I feel like I get better service when they consider me a real customer. They have a pretty decent price on tires and they do the total tire change for me when I drive it in...and taking tires off at my apartment is not an option where I live. The extra cost is worth the lack of hassle...I drop it off, take the cab home and I use the subway part of the way when I come back to pick it up. That saves me 15 or 20 bucks and it is speedy and I don't waste time.

Other dealers near me are not to charge much or any less, and I don't usually feel like driving 3 hours, then waiting around. My time is worth more. But if I can schedule my route past Shinhopples in September, maybe I can get tires AND have them installed there.

Other expensive stuff like helmets and electronics I buy online and install myself (on the sly from my landlord).

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
499 bucks from the board sponsor.........450 bucks if you wait until the
labor day sale.........
Hi Gw; I just talked with Chris at DLP and he has no knowledge of a Labor Day sale. Where are you getting your info from?

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Counting the time I spent on here as a lurker before I bought my 1800,
been around over 5 years.......Every year HDL has a Labor Day sale that
starts on Wednesday before the holiday.......

Hal would post it on the board and send an email.....Dan, who took over
when Hal retired just sends out an email......Someone will post the sale code when the email is out......

Can't speak as to where Chris is coming from with his info.....Just hang in
there. It is less than 2 weeks away.

You could sent Dan an email.......

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I know it's apples and oranges but I bought three 2010 Wings and the extended warranty through the dealer on the day of purchase was $330. Ended up with 8 years coverage on two of them and 7 years on one that was bought before they started the incentive thing.

Funny thing to me, it took several months to get the "certificate" and the purchase price of the extended warranty is printed on the certificate. Same way on an earlier model where I bought the warranty through DLP ($475). Seemed odd that it reflected the sale price on it.

Z

1 - 15 of 15 Posts