GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to replace my stock windshield with something to reduce buffiting for my wife. She always complains about the wind hitting her face and the wind is bad in the intercom. Iam 6' 1" and she is 5' 7". What has been working good for others? Thanks for your help. Bob

·
Registered
39 Posts
My wife had the same complaints, so I installed a"Tulsa" style windshield.
It reduces the buffeting on both of us, but I had to get used to looking thru the windshild instead of over the top and I sometimes "bonk" my helmet on the windshield when I mount the bike. It does rake back quit a bit. I also have the front mounted vent for cooling.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
I haven't tried any others, but, I do have the Clearview +4 and love it.
I'm 6' with a 30" inseam, so I'm long waisted and sit higher in the seat. At it's max height, it comes to the tip of my forehead and provides excellent wind protection, and at it's lowest height, I can easily see over it.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Bubbak,

The OEM windshield on my '02 was terrible for buffeting and backpressure (had no vent). Replaced it with a Tulsa which cut down on the turbulence for driver and passenger. Didn't like looking through the windshield or occasional fogging. Got a Windbender from FireCreek and life is good - turbulence well controlled, can look over the screen and is multi-adjustable re. height.

Ed W.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm using a Windbender ST and it works well. It's the only shield I've ridden behind that does not produce a lot of buffeting or make me feel as if I'm in a vacuum. IMHO it's the best thing going. The height adjustment gives you options to choose just how much cover (or not) you want (takes 20 seconds and no tools to change heights). Regardless of shield height the pressure differential between the front and back of the shield is minimized and results in less turbulance. Quite simply with my OEM shield I would experience puffs of wind that caused my eyes to water; with my Windbender ST it doesn't happen. No I'm not selling them, I'm just really pleased that I own one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts