GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '02 just turned over 40K and I'm making a list of winter work. Here's what I have so far:

Dissassemble and renew forks as needed.
All Balls bearings.
Brake and clutch fluid.
Air filter.
New coolant.
Lubricate cables?

Am I missing anything?

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
4 years and 40K - may want to load test the battery

Brake pads still good?

Then wait for the sun to come out.....

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Switch rear end lube to mobil one synthetic ,check universal joint, new Brakes?, did you do the engine tune , just check condition of belts , rebuild front forks and seals,crankcase breather tube clean, check torque all bolts and nuts,did you check valves at 33k? frame for cracks, moly 60 on rear spline,check operation of rear shock operation probably need re-build.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
upssnowman said:
Switch rear end lube to mobil one synthetic ,check universal joint, new Brakes?, did you do the engine tune , just check condition of belts , rebuild front forks and seals,crankcase breather tube clean, check torque all bolts and nuts,did you check valves at 33k? frame for cracks, moly 60 on rear spline,check operation of rear shock operation probably need re-build.
BELTS ?????????????????????????????????? :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Clean synthetic rear lube already in. New battery this year. Never did the valve adjust. Belts?
Probably should put Freds DVD's on the top of the list!

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Gee, with all the things you guys have come up with to check and "rebuild" maybe the poor fellow ought to just trade it in for a new one :lol: :lol: Don't forget maybe some of this stuff is still warranty....

·
Registered
19,050 Posts
Check bolts screws for tightness/torque. Clean/polish wheels,check tire tread/air pressure,upgrade radio amp and speakers

·
Registered
598 Posts
chuck_b24 said:
upssnowman said:
BELTS ?????????????????????????????????? :oops: :oops:
Sure. Doesn't your belt tighten up in the winter - starting right after Thanksgiving? :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts