GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would it take to get you to upgrade your wing to a new Model?

What is the one feature on the top of the list?

What is it that when you think, "It needs that!" Does the bike need?

For me, a deal maker would be a 6th gear.I've heard the arguments for and against, but for me, if Honda wants to sell me another wing, they had better stick a 6th gear that is high enough to make a difference.

·
Banned
1,766 Posts
For me, I would be happy with an easy to read gear counter. The bike so so smooth that I forget what gear that I am in. The OD light is nice and all, but still would like a gear counter.

And I am happy with the 5 speed. It don't need a lower 1st gear and (to me anyway) it don't need another overdrive.

10 more ponys would be appreciated as well, but like an extra cog in the tranny, it really does not need it.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
It boils down to dollars, not features, for me.

Money is tight enough and my bike still has very low miles.

However, if I were dreamin', I'd want...
  • Adjustable seat (height, depth, etc.) - that would be #1 on my list.
  • Bluetooth for cellphone sync, gps, and wireless bike-to-bike + intercom. Non-proprietary, as well, to allow aftermarket products.
  • Remove the radio altogether. XM standard w/ weather. Flame away. Am/FM/Weather is a thing of the past. Come on.
  • Separate iPod jacks for rider & passenger. The only wires would be connecting the iPods to their jacks. Everything else is wireless.
  • Improved suspension
  • 6th gear
  • Electric windshield
  • Heated seat & grips standard
  • No more than $25,000; preferably around the $22,000 price point. (Maybe in a few years I'd be able to trade and buy one)

·
Registered
297 Posts
deal me in..

More storage, better tires, passenger radio/mp3 control, elec windscreen adjustment and most of all? Price..

·
Registered
350 Posts
Air Conditioning !!!

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
The biggest thing would be the "color" needs to be one or no more than 2.
The "lets save money" syndrome is alive and well on the 2012!
There are at least 4 different shades of the silver and gray. (fairing, lower cowl, lower exhaust covers and the sides of the frame)
Then there the black panels (especially out of place is the black rear fender)
Then theres the 2nd shade of black on the saddle bags, passed off as chip protectant when, there is now color matched chip protectent available at most bed liner business's.
Also a 3rd shade of black if one purchases a black Wing.

Also, price! New Wings were selling for $4K+ off MSRP. Why not now on the 2012's? Should be cheaper to build now that the constantly reported high US labor cost is no longer involved. Now everyone is claiming an $800 increase is coming. Why??????????
There'd be no cost increase and a return to the better discounts if buyers would demand such or walk away!

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
A Traxxion suspension..

·
Registered
224 Posts
Airbag Model

It boils down to dollars, not features, for me.

Money is tight enough and my bike still has very low miles.

However, if I were dreamin', I'd want...
  • Adjustable seat (height, depth, etc.) - that would be #1 on my list.
  • Bluetooth for cellphone sync, gps, and wireless bike-to-bike + intercom. Non-proprietary, as well, to allow aftermarket products.
  • Remove the radio altogether. XM standard w/ weather. Flame away. Am/FM/Weather is a thing of the past. Come on.
  • Separate iPod jacks for rider & passenger. The only wires would be connecting the iPods to their jacks. Everything else is wireless.
  • Improved suspension
  • 6th gear
  • Electric windshield
  • Heated seat & grips standard
  • No more than $25,000; preferably around the $22,000 price point. (Maybe in a few years I'd be able to trade and buy one)

:agree:

I like your list. I would add 22K for an Airbag model. Not a cent more!

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Well, if it were free...

·
Banned
1,855 Posts
#1 Electronic windshield.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Better ride quality (fixed my anti dive, works as intended now but its still not what a bike this expensive should feel like) and more ground/cornering clearance, running out of footpegs. :?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
a completely new suspension that can actually compete with
the new HDs and BMWs. (before you flame me ride one for
several days straight or keep your mouths shut).
But most importantly a 200 pound weight loss
and dealerships who stock or can get parts the next day.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Move production back to the USA and re-employee American workers! That would be the only deal maker for me. Moving production to Japan, laying off Americans in the worst economic climate that many of us have ever seen, cheapening the looks, and raising the price point is just bull***t!! JMHO.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
For me it would probably be something like 100K miles and immediately add a third wheel. By then I should have been in all lower 48 states on two wheels and time to start again on 3 and also I will probably be old enough to enjoy a trike more than 2 wheels.

·
Banned
7,603 Posts
Move production back to the USA and re-employee American workers! That would be the only deal maker for me. Moving production to Japan, laying off Americans in the worst economic climate that many of us have ever seen, cheapening the looks, and raising the price point is just bull***t!! JMHO.
Just so you know-there were no lay-offs at the Marysville plant due to loss of motorcycle production!

For me it would probably be something like 100K miles and immediately add a third wheel. By then I should have been in all lower 48 states on two wheels and time to start again on 3 and also I will probably be old enough to enjoy a trike more than 2 wheels.
Age has very little to do with enjoying a trike!

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Value, weight-loss, better stereo, improved suspension and transmission are high on my list.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Purchasing a new GL

Non clunking transmission, slightly higher ground clearance, ABS, better fuel economy, better dealers!:bow:

·
Registered
330 Posts
What would be the deal maker

Just come out with a Gold Wing Trike like Harley did so I would not be worried about my warranty.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts