GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"There has been enough changes and things that relate only to the 2012 Godwing that we now have a board to help put all that info in one place"

All these good looks, comfort, and fun, and it's sacred too! ;)

I'm sorry - I just couldn't resist.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
While the Gold Wing is almost old enough to have been owned by Jesus Christ, I don't think it is the bike he would have chosen. Remember, part time carpenter, full time, volunteer preacher. Jesus, IMHO, would almost certainly have ridden a well used Sportster. Or, maybe, a KZ750 with drag bars (don't know why, but somehow I can see him on one of those).

Day18Leftside1.jpg

·
Registered
2,537 Posts

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
Pretty sure Jesus would ride a Softail Classic.

He's Jesus....he doesn't need all the bells and whistles. He would be happy with the clean, classic lines, the relaxed riding position, and space to haul a couple loaves of bread.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Not sure which motorcycle brand, but here's his "colors".

star of David.jpg

p.s. Probably would ride a scooter. "Step-through" is easier to mount while wearing robes. (Robes make it a little tougher to straddle a seat.) I vote Vespa.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm kind of surprised anyone actually replied to my little joke. But, since you have, I'll vote in my little poll.

As was pointed out earlier, Jesus was a simple man, with very little worldly wealth, and lived in a third world country (at that time). He certainly would have viewed any show of ostentation with disdain. My daughter lives in a third world country right now (Viet Nam), and the prevailing mode of motor transportation, for those fortunate enough to have any at all, is the small motorbike - around 100cc's, Honda preferred but lots of lower quality Chinese knock offs around as well. These are the family sedan, and I'm sure we've all seen the pictures of whole families on one. My daughter has one, and that's how she gets around. As an aside, I am so glad she got properly trained here, and rode 250's for a couple of years.

There are also lots of small scooters on the mix there, including Hondas, Chinese crap, and a few Vespas, which are considered a luxury.

Anyway, as has been pointed out already, Jesus would have had some trouble with his robes on a motorcycle, especially anything with an open chain. Don't even want to think about that.

I find the idea that Jesus would ride any kind of Harley ludicrous. I'm sorry, but that's the way I see it. Obviously I like big bikes or I wouldn't be here, but this isn't us we're talking about: it's Jesus.

So, I vote for the small scooter, possibly a Vespa since he lived in that part of the world.

Anyway, thanks for joining in the fun, even (or especially) if we disagree.

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
.. Something electric..
(The good stuff...100,000 miles between recharges)
..he cares.

I don't think wind and rain and clothing style would have been high on his list of concerns.

Dennis

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
Pretty sure Jesus would ride a Softail Classic.

He's Jesus....he doesn't need all the bells and whistles. He would be happy with the clean, classic lines, the relaxed riding position, and space to haul a couple loaves of bread.

Possibly since he could feed the multitude with just a few fishes and loaves of bread,, then he would be able to keep that rattle trap running reliably Takes a miracle !!

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
Possibly since he could feed the multitude with just a few fishes and loaves of bread,, then he would be able to keep that rattle trap running reliably Takes a miracle !!

Owned three of em...never any issues beyond minor annoyances, and never got stranded.

How many have you had? And how many problems did you have?

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
My very first two bikes were Hardley ablesons.. Because I thought I ahd to be cool plus back in early 70s Honda was making anything much better. First bike I got exactly 1695 miles on it when it died at ocean city Maryland.. had to have it towed took H/D of Fort Washington over two months to get it running... second one was to replace the first one when they gave up on fixing it and lawyer started lawsuit.. That one lasted about 6 months and left me halfway to outer banks

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
Now granted the bowling ball company owned Harley back then ( AMF) but jeez were they losers!!!!

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Now granted the bowling ball company owned Harley back then ( AMF) but jeez were they losers!!!!
Unfortunately for you the AMF era is when Harley got the bad name that they've had a hard time shaking for many many years..

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
I've prayed about it and although Jesus told me that "Harleys Suck", your pic of the Heritage Softail looks sweet.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts