GL1800Riders Forums banner

What would you do?

• Go to the nearest MC shop and buy a new bike.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get her to put it in writing, then go buy a bike.

• Wait until the next day and see if the offer was still on the table.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the situation...

My wife underwent an outpatient medical procedure today (nothing serious). She was under a light anesthetic, and I was told by the nurse that she would be saying things she really didn't mean. The nurse also said she wouldn't remember anything that was said in the next few hours.

The first thing she told me when she woke up was: "Let's go to a bike shop, you can buy any bike you want." A little later she repeated it, and about an hour later she told me, "we really don't have to go right home, let's go buy you another motorcycle."

What would you do...

·
Chard Member
12,962 Posts
First thing I would do is find out what drugs they used on her. Then buy a good supply for future use! :wink:

·
Registered
679 Posts
Hmmm. That reminds me of another story..but that one would belong on the off-topic board (if at all).

Ride long and safe..and my wife told me to buy another Wing after totalling the first. Think I'll keep her.

John
ETC (SW) USN ret
The Sabre Group ret
EDS ret
'06 GL18HPNAC6

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I suspect that the drug was Versed (midazolam).

It is what they use when they do a colonoscopy in many cases or other light surgeries.

I had a colonoscopy done and I refused the drug because it tends to make people more outspoken. I told them either we are all taking it, they can completly knock me out, or nothing (which was my preference).

If you know anyone who is around people who have taken this, they will admit that it can be very, very entertaining at times.

I don't need to take ANYTHING that will make me more outspoken.

BUT -- I have never heard anyone say that people make things up when on the drug .......

Your wife; your call.
Midazolam is a very commonly used drug that does alleviate anxiety and cause amnesia. Ordinarily, midazolam is safer than many other drugs given by anesthesiologists because it does not depress the heart or blood pressure. Medical scientists believe that the amnesia is antegrade - in other words midazolam does not destroy memory laid down before the drug was given.

The property of amnesia is considered desirable by many patients, but clearly not by all. A conscientious anesthesiologist attempts to ensure that a patient is pain-free during procedures performed under sedation. The surgeon may have a critical role in this too, when local anesthesia is used. During general anesthesia a patient is unconscious and therefore pain is not "perceived" in the conscious mind, although signals of injury are still sent to the brain and spinal cord from the site of injury. Communication between anesthesiologist and patient is key in helping the patient understand what is feasible, and safe, and for the doctor to understand the desires of the patient, such as the desire to be awake during the procedure. The patient has every right to expect those wishes to be respected, but not at the cost of safety.

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
Red said:
First thing I would do is find out what drugs they used on her. Then buy a good supply for future use! :wink:
:lol: I like that one.

I'd suggest waiting though...

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I'd see what she has to say tomorow!! :wink:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Since they don't make a yellow one, I'd accept her offer, only postpone the delivery until such time as Honda comes to their senses. lol.

H

·
0 Posts
Red said:
I like Red's answer the best.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I would have to grab a tape recorder very quickly, tape her saying what she said, buy the bike (or two or three), then if she came to her senses and gave me a hard time about it, I would have to play the proof to her that she did indeed say to do so. Of course I would fix the tape so it could not be erased. I would probably also forget to mention again the part about how she was told she might forget things she said, etc. Life can be fun somtimes.

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
Better to ask for forgivness than permission......

get a witness.... :wink:

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
SSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO???WHAT DID YOU BUY??????????chuck

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Under the influence of drugs, you usually say the things that you feel and would not normally say.

First: SHE'S A KEEPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heck, I want to just give her a big kiss or hug for being the woman that said that. :lol:

You can bring it up later and if she denies it, let it go. Let it go, for chrisake!

Treasure her for the wonderful person that she is. You are truly a lucky, lucky person.

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
Well...I've been given that drug quite a few times recently and have NEVER said anything I did not mean! so go for it!!!

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
"I was only obeying orders" covers a multitude of sins. :wink:

·
Registered
19,054 Posts
anyway to get a small supply of that drug

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,676 Posts
TJ,

You know the right answer........buy her some flowers and nurse her back to health.

It would be nice to have a recording of her statement, though. Play it back to her and tell her you will only buy accessories for the current Wing, thus letting her off easy.

Good luck!

Bob E.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Ok Tom... Who put the subliminal message ito her while she was coming out of the anastetia???
Hope everything is OK.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Well, I can only shed the following light on this tj. While I may not have been under the influence of THAT substance (remember I know Jack), I too made a bold statement to my wife to which I am now ready to settle up on. I leave tomorrow AM for WV (no, I am still not looking for Lynchburg) to pick up a 2002 Shadow A.C.E. with 781 miles on it, for my lovely wife who has grown to love bike riding so much that she has outgrown my back seat.

This experience has taught me one very important thing. Never spend THAT much time with my friend Jack, while my lovely wife is around, along with all your biker friends who are outspoken about just how good she would look with her own bike.

Thus I say, GO FOR IT!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts