GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was at the local dealer and a woman was talking with the salesman about buying a used Wing (for him). As I was walking by she asked the salesman what he thought her husband would say if she spent that much money on something. I grabbed her shoulder and said "Thank You" would be my response. I sure just about everyone agrees. So what would you say if your SO bought you a Goldwing?

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
You didn't say if she was buying it for herself or for her husband. If for her husband, I'm sure that he would say thank you, but, I'm sure he would also have to worry about what she would then spend to buy on something for herself. :eek:4:

·
Registered
626 Posts
So long as there are not any money troubles with the purchase. I would say "thank you honey" very quickly and give her a big hug and kiss. Then take her for a ride on the new wing.

·
Registered
792 Posts
My wife just let buy my third motorcycle at the end of Jan.. I keep putting it off and she finally said pull the trigger and buy it. She even came up with the down payment and even signed some of the paper work ( for the title ) she made sure her names on there :cool::clap2:. So you don't forget FEB. 14, or any of the really important dates.
So what do you say? Nothing to get yourself in the doghouse and good hug every day is working for me right now. And yes this is me :bow::bow::bow:

·
Registered
156 Posts
My wife purchased mine for christmas year before last. I told her THANK YOU!! I think that they are both keepers. Wife has even suggested purchasing another new bike to trike after I find another job.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Had the wife to the dealer looking for shirts & I was looking at the new bikes for somthing to do, she comes up & I say just look at this bike she says your 50 next month why dont you get it.
I think I will keep her
and the wife
(She know our financial stuation she wouldnt do it if we were strapped)

·
Registered
487 Posts
I would tell here, "Who are you and what have you done with my wife?"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
My wife would say and did say:

"Your crazy."

"Your nuts."

"Those things can kill you."

"A motorcycle???"

"What, you got a death wish?"

Then after all that, she said if that's what you want, go buy one,
but I wouldn't ride it.

So.... I did 6 years ago and I still ride solo and we get along great.

She works around her flowers and I go for a nice long ride.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
We didn't have intercom on our Suzuki, so one day in Nashville while riding North on I75 she leaned up and said,"When we get back home we're going to get that GoldWing." I didn't have a sayso in the matter.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Like DLWinger said " I think she's a keeper. The wifes a keeper":lol:

·
Soon to be Former Member
7,732 Posts
If you can afford it. GREAT!!! I would do cartwheels if my woman bought me a new bike. But, I'm also a big believer in keeping financials separate. She has her money, I have mine.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
When we'd been married only about a year, my wife bought me a new '79 Lowrider. I was extremely grateful and still am. She's still a keeper. The Lowrider, not so much.

·
Registered
150 Posts
we found ours on Ebay, I said it was to much, she said get it, so I did!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Wife told me to by it sight onseen in January of 02'. Shes gone 3 years now and I still have the bike. Couldn't be happier.

CTWing (Scott Warner)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts