GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had ah set of 4050's that i really liked & am thinkin about gittin ah set of 4056s with th different clamps so they won't drag so much in th corners. I'm lookin for some advise from folks that have made th switch. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
569 Posts

I just bought the new mounting clamps, and switched everything else over. Unless you need or want a new set of pegs you can just buy the new mount. Part number KUR-4063, 80.95.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Leonard

My pegs got mangled in ah wreck i had ah couple of weeks ago. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I found that my foot and leg position was not comfortable with the 4056.
I'm 5'11" tall.
I replaced them with the Mik-O-Pegs. I find them a lot more comfortable.

The best thing is if you can find some one with either pegs so you can try them out.
Don

·
Registered
17,141 Posts
I'm 6'3" and find the 4056's to be OK, except if I try to use the inner part of the foot rests, my legs pinch against the fairing. I rest my feet pretty far out on the pegs and that is a decently restful ride except then the wind blows right up my pants legs.

prs

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
That was the first item I purchased for my wing. I love them. I am 5-8 and weigh about 235#. I liked them well enough that I bought the driver foot pegs and the rear foot rest that folds out for my wife. Then I had to have the matching brake pedal. It all goes together and looks real good.

I had highway boards on my 1200 and keep thinking I need them on this one. The only thing is I keep thinking they would be too big for my liking.

I can actually lay my boot heel up on the highway peg and be comfortable.

If I bought another 1800, I would either keep all of these items or buy them all again.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'll be at the Fall creek falls state park saturday if you are comming you can check out my 4056 pegs.

·
Registered
294 Posts
The 4056's were my first and favorite purchase for my bike. I'm 6'2" and needed to move my legs foward. They feel great: for me that is. Try a few different types before you buy.
Good luck!
Pat

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks KC

I'm plannin on bein at th Fall Creek Falls Thang saturday. Lookin forward ta meetin you & yer SO. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'm 6'5" and love the 4056's! They allow me the opportunity to change the positions of my legs. I do have problem using both at the same time, feel like I am on an examination table doing that! :oops:

·
I U Turn
888 Posts
Ron ,I have the 4056's with the new Switch Blade pegs. I think they are the most comfortable setup I have ever had on a bike. I'm 5'10. The Switch Blade pegs have heel rest that can be used or not, they are great
**** :D :yw1:

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Mounting ideas for the 4056

Is there a way to safely mount the 4056 pegs? My concern is them dragging in a curve?

Thanks!

·
I U Turn
888 Posts
Joseph,the 4056 were designed to be mounted on the horazontal engine guard bar only. Check them out on another bike if you can. I have been in a corner leaned over far enough to fold up my rider pegs, and not gotten to the 4056s yet.I had my 4050s worn to the big bolt for the arm,before I bought the 4056s
**** :) :yw1:

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Re: Mounting ideas for the 4056

Joseph said:
Is there a way to safely mount the 4056 pegs? My concern is them dragging in a curve?

Thanks!
Here's a way to make sure they are high enough.

Put your bike on center stand and imagine a line going from the front tire to the back tire directly under the center of your bike. Place the end of a board about 4 feet long on the line. Lift the other end until the middle of the board hits the horizontal guard. If it doesn't hit the peg, you're high enough.

Or you can get **** O Pegs and be able to put your feet lower. :D

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
***Or you can get **** O Pegs and be able to put your feet lower.***

Elaborate if you will. One do they hit before the guards? Two do you by any chance have their web site you could share?

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Joseph said:
***Or you can get **** O Pegs and be able to put your feet lower.***

Elaborate if you will. One do they hit before the guards? Two do you by any chance have their web site you could share?
The mount on the peg does reduce leaning clearance. On my model K/D, I lose about 1/4 inch. But the peg is spring loaded and is up high when your feet are off. It goes down low with feet on. If your main concern is safety, the 4056 pegs are the best I've seen. If your main concern is comfort, ***** may be the best. They have several models depending on your size and desired foot position.

**** O Pegs

Here is info about mine. It is very long with pictures.

Increase Your Riding Comfort

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
DDKING,, thanks main concern is safety. I want as little chance of them hitting in a curve as possible. Even if a person doesn’t ride aggressive it only take one evasive maneuver to have them strike.

I can't imagine anything taking less than a 1/4 inch however. Thats pretty remarkable.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts