GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was just poking around with the top shelter off and notcied a "thing" plugged into the rider's intercom cable with...

"attenator head set 08E96-MCA-1000-26"

I just bought the 2001 bike and it does have the passenger volume control. Is this something to do with that or what?

I am guessing but "attenetor" could be Jinglish for Attenuator but still what's it in there for and do I need to leave it in there?

Thanks guys, you are an absolute fountain of knowledge.

FTW

·
Registered
35 Posts
FlyTheWing said:
Hi,

I was just poking around with the top shelter off and notcied a "thing" plugged into the rider's intercom cable with...

"attenator head set 08E96-MCA-1000-26"

I just bought the 2001 bike and it does have the passenger volume control. Is this something to do with that or what?

I am guessing but "attenetor" could be Jinglish for Attenuator but still what's it in there for and do I need to leave it in there?

Thanks guys, you are an absolute fountain of knowledge.

FTW
That is part of the passenger audio controls. Since the passenger can only reduce the volume set by the driver, that reduces the volume to the driver's headset so the driver will turn up the volume to a level where the passenger will want to turn it down and not up.

I do not like it, so I took mine out. Not an issue for me since my wife thinks I keep the radio too high anyway.

Since it affects the volume to the headsets directly, it equally effects the CB, Radio/CD, and Intercom.

Dick

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CruiserDick said:
That is part of the passenger audio controls.
Thanks Dick, I figured it might be part of that. I'll try it in and out and see which we prefer.

FTW

1 - 4 of 4 Posts