GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Whats anybody know about Butt Buffer seat, are they any good, They say they will cut them down and put a gal pad into them....what's with a gal pad...they say they will cut down on the sides so I'll get a better foot on the ground...some one out there that has a Butt buffer seat..I'd like to hear from you...

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
I dont have one, not money well spent! I have a Air-Hawk and love it! Others have more on this subject.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Papa Smerf,
I think your question was misunderstood. The responses that I've seen so far were in reference to comparing the Butt Buffer gel pad (on the surface of the seat) versus other pads that sit on top of the seat.
If I understood you correctly you are looking at lower your seat height in order to get your feet planted when stopped.
Butt Buffer does both, they sell surface pads for additional comfort and they modify motorcycle seats. The reason they install the gel pad "in" the seat is to help maintain the original comfort of the seat after removing some of the foam.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
ddking said:
I tried one. Hated it. Aqua Aire works best for me. Take the link in my signature for more info.
I agree... but can't keep it from leaking.... on my 4th... Aqua Aire customer service has been great, but... I have switched to the staduim seat that walmart sells and have been very happy....

·
Registered
97 Posts
Is the butt buffer the only option for helping to get my feet on the ground? I am 5' 7" and do ok alone, but with two up I wish I could plant my feet a little firmer on the ground.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I am 5'6" tall and do not have a problem getting my feet on the ground either solo or with a passenger. When you come to a stop move forward on the seat.

Try a pair of higher heeled boots, there are Harley boots available at many stores that have 2" heels.

Wayne

·
Registered
168 Posts
Had mine put in in February and I really do like mine. I kept the same height and I do notice big difference. We did 1700 miles the first of October and my butt was thankful for it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts