GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my mochine is ordered and I want to go the mp3 route, such as a mini disk player..looking for something not as expensive as a Ipod

·
Registered
60 Posts
Pretty much any one will work. The bike came with a cable to plug into
the wiring harness and come out in the left fairing pocket. This cable
will plug into any MP3 player in place of the headphones, switch the
bike's radio to AUX and you're in business.

I use a Rio player with a 256M card, holds about 6 hours of music.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I got a Sony MD player at Wal-Mart for $127.XX. It came with 12volt and AC converter, car adapter and two remotes. Each MD holds 5 hours of music. The included software is easy to use and using a PC you can dub CDs to MD at 32X normal speed. I attached the remote to the cord for the headset plug and put an EC cigarette lighter type plug in the fairing pocket for the 12 volt adapter. The unit is virtually skip free and the MDs are user friendly since they are enclosed in a plastic case.

·
Registered
22 Posts
MP3 Player...

I ordered a Creative Labs Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra 30GB Digital Audio Player... I liked the Specs and the room for Music .. Anyone familiar with this brand and the operation of it.. Was wondering if there could be a remote that could be worked with the MP3 ?? BJ

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use a Sony MD player, which sits in the left fairing pocket, attached to the AUX plug. It works very well. The Sony MP3 player runs forever on one or two batteries (I forget which), so I haven't found the need to run the unit to power, even though I also have the Honda OEM power outlet in the left fairing pocket, and could plug it in.

My model is a mobile unit, and comes with two wired remote controls, one large, one very small. The large one I use by velcro attaching it to the top of the left fairing pocket cover, when in use. When not in use, I toss it in the left fairing pocket with the MD player. It is big enough to use with gloves. The little remote I would use if I carried the unit on my person.

I ordered it directly from Sony, online. They shipped promptly.

·
Registered
816 Posts
mp3

I have both a Sony Mini Disc and an Ipod. The Sony Disc works great in the Wing and the single AA battery lasts for a long time. I use the rechargeable batteries, they work best. The ipod is a fantastic toy. I got the 40 gig hard drive and have over 1,400 songs on it and only using a little over 5 gig. That's about 5 days of music without a repeat. Once I can get more CD's loaded, I may never have to hear the same song twice, unless I want to. The thing I like about the IPod is that it's so easy to use and select songs. You can't do that with the Sony.

·
Registered
77 Posts
MP3 PLAYER

I purchased a Sony MZ-NE 410 MDLP. One md holds about 5 hours of music that can be recorded from your pc hard drive or personal cds. The digital quality is great. The current cost is around $99, down from the $129 I paid a few months ago.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have an Archos Gmini that I use in the left pocket. It's a 20GB hard driver player. I set it on a piece of soft foam for piece of mind even though it doesn't skip with no foam. They're going for just over $200, although I could have sworn that I only paid $150 for it a few months ago... http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDe ... rchdepa=10

Speaking of MP3 players, does anyone know how the trunk CD changer interface works? It'd be slicker than eel snot to have a hard drive MP3 player in the trunk controlled by the stock CD changer controls. :)

·
Extra Spicy Seasoned Member
1,448 Posts
Fred Harmon opened his older model Ipod and hard wired it to the handlebar CD controls. He said it worked great on a very long cross country trip. You can see the process on his pbase website.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Nomad 20 gig here. I went through 2 Archos units under a Best Buy extended warranty then they swapped me to a Nomad. Better battery (lasts 8 hours), smaller size, skip free, easier software. I like it fine, but I always liked the Archos when it worked too.

My experience says the $40 / 4 year extended warranty is well worth it, they just keep giving me new ones that cost what I paid for the original 2 years ago.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts