GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can one find out whats covered under warranty?
I noticed today that my foot pegs are wearing out, I picked up my 2018 at the end of April .
I'm not hard on them but I notice how the rubber is wearing to the point that I can see the silver metal on the edge.
Only have 7,000 miles.

Thanks
PBR

·
Registered
930 Posts
They should have given you a copy of the Warranty and what it does and doesn't cover. Maybe contact your dealer for a copy they can e-mail you.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Where can one find out whats covered under warranty?
I noticed today that my foot pegs are wearing out, I picked up my 2018 at the end of April .
I'm not hard on them but I notice how the rubber is wearing to the point that I can see the silver metal on the edge.
Only have 7,000 miles.

Thanks
PBR
If it's any consolation, mine started wearing through about the same time. I'm now at 11k, and quite literally just came in from installing some Goldstrike floorboards. Best $160 I've spent on the bike to date. The replacement stock rubbers are about $20, if my memory serves me correctly. I seriously doubt they would be considered a warranty item.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
rotate your rubber pegs from one side of bike to the other. It will put a new surface forward.
(got new "rubbers" for my old Wing at trike shops)

·
Registered
249 Posts
I used to stand on my left foot peg and pivot to mount the bike. I wore mine out on my 2014 in short order. With my 2016 I changed how I mount the bike and didn't see any appreciable wear in 30,000 miles. My 2018 has 14,000 miles on it and the pegs still look great. (The bottoms are a bit worn...lol.)
That being said, I'm pretty sure it is a wear item unless your dealer just wants to keep a customer happy. I would not be offended if my dealer wouldn't cover that item. I ordered the 2014 foot peg rubber on eBay for a few dollars at the time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
En Barcelona, Spain, hen tenido el mismo problema con tan solo 15.000 km y la garantía ha reconocido el fallo de diseño y me han colocado una goma nueva sin cargo alguno.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
En Barcelona, Spain, hen tenido el mismo problema con tan solo 15.000 km y la garantía ha reconocido el fallo de diseño y me han colocado una goma nueva sin cargo alguno.
Translation for us gringos "In Barcelona, ​​Spain, I had the same problem with only 15,000 km and the warranty has recognized the design flaw and I have placed a new rubber without any charge."

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have 3500 and see the rubber on mine wearing out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts