GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
over Memorial Day weekend?

Surely there are some plans to ride in Tennessee or Georgia. Maybe around the Snake in Shady Valley or the GAP area or maybe in North Georgia.

Just trying to see what's up for the weekend. My wife's out of town all that weekend and I have the Wing all to myself!! Now ain't that pretty?

Yee Hah!! AM to PM ridin' :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Old Gold,

When a lot of riders flock to Rolling Thunder on Memorial Day weekend to see the Vietnam Wall in DC, I head to the marvelous twisties of West Virginia. I've been doing this for many years and I'm sure I have a better time than the long line of riders trying to ride down Pennsylvania Avenue. Much quieter too! ;)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Been there, done that. I'm a vietnam era vet myself but twice is enough. I'm too old to stand out there in lines in a parking lot and I don't have the patience anymore to wait my turn when I could be out riding and enjoying myself. I honor the sacrifice vets made every day by standing up to people who want to turn this country into something different than the principles it was founded upon.

Now I have the opportunity to enjoy (for one freakin' weekend by myself) the beauty of this state and this country and I'm gonna' do it by ridin' and enjoyin' its sights!!

So, back to my original question, "What's goin on Memorial Day weekend?"

Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts