GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on the road and want to tweak a ride and can't find trip planner. When I put in the url I get the Honda power sports page. Are they just working on it, I hope?

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I just tried it. Same thing. Only links to the Powersports site. Maybe they are finally fixing the bugs or they decided to eliminate it.
There are a couple of other GPS planners that went under due to price increases from mapping companies.
The Good Sam planner is one example. Now it's nothing more than a digital paper map.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
I just tried.

It also goes to a Honda page as well here.

Not sure what is going on.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
wow. played with it yesterday to see if it was any better.. hopefully theyll fix it. in the meantime ill stick with kurviger. just as easy but it works

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am also experiencing the same issues today. I use that resource a LOT. I hope it isn't being permanently removed.

I would happily use it with the bugs rather than not have it at all.

I hope someone is able to discover its fate soon.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just got off the phone with Honda Power Sports customer service. They are aware of the problem and are working on it. The agent said the Trip Planner is not being discontinued.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have used the Honda Trip Planner for many trips over the years and have found it to be a very easy and a very useful tool. I am glad to hear that Honda indicated they are working on the website link issue. I understand how to work through the limitations and have found that the 2018 Goldwing Nav system is also very capable if you also know the limitations. I have used Trip planner and Nav system to travel on a lot of long distance trips with may way-points entered and have never had a problem. I have a 10 day trip planned for early spring and use Honda Trip Planner to plot out every days ride. I love the tool and also love the 2018 Goldwing Nav system.

·
Registered
9,328 Posts
Scroll about 2/3'rds of the way down that page you're being sent to.

Adventure Awaits

Track your next epic ride

"Honda has teamed up with REVER to help you get the most out of every ride. Whether you’re on the Gold Wing Tour model, one of our adventure bikes or any other Honda, you can heighten your own riding experience by recording and sharing your trip with REVER's global community of riders."

https://www.rever.co/partner/honda

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Scroll about 2/3'rds of the way down that page you're being sent to.

Adventure Awaits

Track your next epic ride

"Honda has teamed up with REVER to help you get the most out of every ride. Whether you’re on the Gold Wing Tour model, one of our adventure bikes or any other Honda, you can heighten your own riding experience by recording and sharing your trip with REVER's global community of riders."

https://www.rever.co/partner/honda
You beat me to it. Just found that. It wasn't on the web site this morning. And it doesn't have any old rides you may have saved in Trip Planner.

·
Registered
9,328 Posts
You beat me to it. Just found that. It wasn't on the web site this morning. And it doesn't have any old rides you may have saved in Trip Planner.
...and it doesn't use the same login info, either (which sucks).

Another account to set up?

Ugh.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've been using the old Microsoft Streets and Trips for years now but since it is not supported any more I'm starting to have a few problems with it. So the question is, are any of you using Rever? I just spent an hour or so looking it over and playing with a couple routes. It looks like it might be usable for longer trips if they can be easily downloaded to the wing GPS or maybe even to my 595. Does anyone have experience with Rever?

·
Registered
3 Posts
The REVER site will not let you download a GPX file after you plug in the route you create. You need to upgrade to the Pro version to get that ability at a cost of $60 a year or $7.50 a month depending on how you want to pay. Not cool of Honda to simply pull the plug on the site with no notification at all. It's not like they didn't have everyone's e-mail address. I had complex trips plotted out on the Honda trip planner site that I was still working on that are now gone. Not a happy with how Honda handled this launch at all.

·
Registered
15 Posts
rever / honda trip planner

I am leaving for Colorado (Rockies Gold) Saturday morning. Went to download my routes onto a thumb drive this morning. No more trip planer. Sucks! I create a route in Rever only to find that I have to pay to download the file. I am not against Rever but do think that Honda owes me some kind of trip planner. I feel that I paid for it when I bought the new Goldwing. I love the bike but I am really disappointed that Honda would treat us this way. Notice of Honda Trip planner being taken down, so I could have at least saved my trip files, would have been nice.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I also had trips saved on the Honda planner. Not happy. To top it off, I tried to make a account in Rever, hit create account, all the fields went blank then nothing. Tried to sign in with no success. Tried to make another account and no success, won't unlock the create account button. Frustrating to say the least. Tried to do a reset password, didn't get an email code. Now I see here that I can't get a GPX file without paying a premium. What the heck is Honda thinking?

·
Registered
3 Posts
This site seems to work well to create a GPX file and no payment plan required. https://kurviger.de/en

I have created a route and downloaded the GPX file. I will use it this weekend for a long day ride. Fingers crossed the 2018 Goldwing Nav system works well with this routing site.

I am very upset with Honda for not notifying the users of the Honda Trip Planner site that it will be taken down. At a minimum I could have saved the routes I had created.

·
Registered
166 Posts
In post 1, rufasim notes the Honda Trip Planner is not loading.

In post 6, RandyH states he spoke with Honda Power Sports Customer Service. They told him they’re aware of the problem with Honda Trip Planner not loading and are working on it. The agent went on to say the Honda Trip Planner is not being discontinued.

In post 8, kwthom quotes an announcement which states, “Honda has teamed up with REVER to help you get the most out of every ride. Whether you’re on the Gold Wing Tour model, one of our adventure bikes or any other Honda, you can heighten your own riding experience by recording and sharing your trip with REVER's global community of riders."

I can’t say when the Honda Trip Planner stopped working, but I can say with 100% certainty that the Honda-REVER partnership is nothing new. It was sometime in 2017 that Honda placed links on their website that redirect the viewer to REVER. See https://powersports.honda.com/goldwing/beyond.html#trips

On this page you can browse 8 routes (use arrows to view a description of the 8 routes). If you click on “View Route”, off you go to REVER.

There is also this article from September 2017 that mentions the Honda-REVER partnership: https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/hondas-new-video-series-to-tease-upcoming-model-release

Only Honda knows the future of Honda Trip Planner. Based on post 6, it doesn’t appear Honda is ready to pull the plug on Honda Trip Planner. That, or Honda Honda Power Sports Customer Service hasn’t received the memo.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I only utilized Honda Trip Planner on occasion. It rarely allowed me to save routes, as they became more complex. I do most of my planning on Google Maps. I wish there was a seamless way to save GPX files from Google Maps. I've tried Furcot, Basecamp, and others, but then it became work and not as enjoyable.

I have found that I can create a map in Google Maps and keep the waypoints at 8 maximum - I can then just enter the waypoints manually on the bike itself and usually I will get the route I intended. A little harder with the scenic roads I usually want to ride, but then I break it up into smaller chunks.

I have wanted to plan a long bucket list ride and save the route by day on SD cards, so each day I can insert a new card, but I have not found an easy way to accomplish this. I may have to use my cellphone as my GPS, as I can directly send the route to my phone in a usable format.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I just called Honda Customer Service and was told that the vendor pulled it without notifying Honda and it is officially finished, not coming back. He referred me to Rever on the Honda Powersports site. I told him I wasn't happy about paying a fee to transfer routes to my Wing and he said, "Sorry man."

·
Registered
8,302 Posts
I just called Honda Customer Service and was told that the vendor pulled it without notifying Honda and it is officially finished, not coming back. He referred me to Rever on the Honda Powersports site. I told him I wasn't happy about paying a fee to transfer routes to my Wing and he said, "Sorry man."
If it's true that HTP is officially finished then I raise the Barbara Streisand flag on the whole thing. Why would they have partnered with Rever a couple months ago? They had to have had some contract with whoever was providing the service. They knew it was coming. Total B.S. :mad1:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts