GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know a name is a form of identification. I also think it is safe to say that our bikes are an extention of who we are. Not necessarily named after us but I'm sure we have named them.

I call my bike "Black Warrior" because my name Gary (means warrior) and my favorite color is black. Hence "Black Warrior." What other names do we have out there in cycle world that may have a short story to them?

:blw1:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I call my Valk the Barc. I gave it that name after the wife rode it for a few miles and gave it back. She liked her little 1100 better and said that driving the Valk was like driving a barcolounger on 2 wheels.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Gary,

For years, my 12 year old daughter/riding partner & I have been collecting any and all things related to a MOOSE. Coffee mugs, stuffed animals, posters, etc. So, she has dubbed the new wing the "Yellow Moose". I am looking for a decal or small graphic of Bullwinkle or something to stick on the bike. That's my story.

Ronnie :yw1:

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I haven't named mine yet. My son calls it: The Great Pumpkin. He has threatened to put a decal on it saying something about Charlie Brown and the great pumpkin. I keep telling him if he wants to reach his 32nd birthday he won't do it. At halloween time he bought some pumpkin straws and had them on the antennas........ :D :D :D :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
whats in a name

First of all dad I would have to make it to my 31st birthday before i could get to the 32nd one. How old are you again ? You keep getting the AARP stuff and I keep thinking that you are nearing 60 or so. LOL And as soon I get to the sign shop and get the decal in silver to match the color of the one from the factory youll have it. It looks really neat though. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol:

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Mine's the Grape Ape. No special reason, but I loved the cartoon as a kid.[/size]

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Call mine Rio - short for Amarillo (spanish for yellow). Guess what color my bike is!

G

·
nephew calls mine the yellow mosquito, the front end with the headlights the way they are he thinks it looks like a mosquito head

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
My old wing is Arty....R T for Road Toad

My superfast Suzuki is Mae, because like Mae West, she has too much of some very good things.

My new Wing is Baby Blue, just because I sang the song 8,956 times with a band, and every freakin time I see the bike, I hear it in my head, so, corny as it may be........... :oops:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
My Silver 02 is the Silver Bullet. I have been known to throw down a few of those as well :lol:

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
I'm one of the "older" riders in the SCRC group and the yound guns call my bike

THE GEEZER GLIDER

I just call it THE ROAD SOFA

Pick one, I really don't care

·
Registered
837 Posts
I call my black '01 Raven. I quit calling it by that name too much in public when Blue Trawler aka Bruce Gordon met Susan for the first time and thought she was Raven. :lol: :lol: Susan said, "No. Raven is his first love. I'm his wife, Susan". We all got a kick out of that. :lol:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
We call our Pearl Blue 01A MAX(ine), Max for me and Maxine for Meesh. We have not been able to discover the gender of the bike, so this way we can be somewhat correct.

My last 1500 was named Boris. Kind of name that will eat you up and spit you out. I named it Boris, cause the 1500 before it did just that, Ate me up and spit me out.

Bulldog

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
i havent given mine an official name yet, so i call it the great pumpkin becasue i got it halloween day and its orange. until a proper name comes up, thats it.

my harley brother in law calls it the WINGABAGO after the rv motorhomes, cause it brings it all along.

loren

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
I'm not planning on naming mine. Why? It is a motorcycle... not a boat.

Of course, as much time as some motorcycles spend on trailers, those motorcycles may think that they are a boat. :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
I named mind Blue Dragon because of the color and I like dragons. I even have Baker wings with etched dragons on them. Some day hope to paint nice picture of the on the bike. :s27:

·
Registered
177 Posts
What's in a name

We have name all 7 Gold Wings "Doc Honda". It is our therapist. What could be better than a ride on the Wing after a bad day to make things right?

Dave and Bump Willenborg
GWTA Region C Board member

·
Registered
561 Posts
mrgl02 said:
I'm not planning on naming mine. Why? It is a motorcycle... not a boat.
This is exactly why I do name by bikes, transfering the tradition, as it were.

I called my '03 Candy Red, "Akasha".

·
Registered
619 Posts
Thanks Mathis... :lol: I do remember that and once calling you on the phone and asking if I was talking to "Raven"...thinking it was your wife...lol
I call my bike the Blue Trawler because with the twin antenna's I look like a fishing trawler.....

bruce aka 'the blue trawler"

:blw1:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts