GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a fright last night. Last night my wife woke me up and said, "There's something in the garage making a big noise. It sounded like it's tearing up the garage." So I get up and put my pants on. Go to the garage and flip the light switch...darkness. Light won't come on.

I grab the flashlight and see sheetrock all over the floor and a huge hole in my celing of the garage. I'm thinking coon or possum or one huge rat fell threw the ceiling from the attic. Wasn't too sure how they would have gotten up there but wasn't real concerned about that part. Then I remembered my brother telling me about the time they lived in an old old house and one night the ceiling above their bed fell onto their bed and it was because snakes were in the attic and had weighted the ceiling down.

That's all it took. I opened the garage door partially and locked all the doors. Being the animal lover I am, I figured I would give whatever time to get out. Told the wife I would check it out when it was light.

This morning got out early and checked everything very carefully. The garage had a hanging flourscent light fixture hanging from the sheetrock by toggle bolts. Over the years (20+) I guess the weight of the light took its tole. Sheetrock fell against my trike and scratched it just a small amount. Could have been a lot worse. Hardly noticable.

Now to get another sheet of sheetrock up. Shezzzz.

·
Registered
201 Posts
glad your trike wasnt hurt...but more so that it wasnt a bunch of snakes

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Gotta watch out for those rabid florescent lights. They'll tear up everything to get to what they want.:lol:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Heck I'll bet is WAS snakes. They knocked the light loose and when you left the door up they crawled off. Man be careful when you ride, you could be like the video I saw on U-Tube where a snake crawled out of the windshield while traveling down the highway. Dang that would make a mess in your pants! :eek:4:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heck I'll bet is WAS snakes. They knocked the light loose and when you left the door up they crawled off. Man be careful when you ride, you could be like the video I saw on U-Tube where a snake crawled out of the windshield while traveling down the highway. Dang that would make a mess in your pants! :eek:4:
That snake would have also owned a trike cause that's when I would have left the trike and let him have it.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Shucks...and all I have are...

red wasps and brown recluses! lol:joke:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts