GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell me what the small pressed metal plate, mounted with two bolts through rubber bushes under the rear of the swinging arm, near the axle casing joint is for.
thanks,Alan

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Well. I don't know how long you have owned an 1800, but by now you should be aware that you have not been chased by any dogs while riding this beautiful machine. Bet you never even noticed it until now, huh? It transmits (via a proprietary conbobulated harmonic phazer signal) at a frequency that only dogs can hear and scares the bejesus out of them if they even come within 50 feet of a moving GL1800. (Incidently, that are hard at work on a suicidal deer repulser, even as you read this.) You should notice upon closer inspection that this Canine Canceller is shaped like a ...dog bone. Not a coincidence, I am sure.

·
Vendor
22,233 Posts
My first guess would be that it is a vibration dampener, used to capture and attenuate unwanted noise. This is a comon technique used to resolve noises and vibrations. Maybe the drive train or rear drive unit exhibited some noises and this was the solution to them.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
no clue....now I have to go look and see if my wing has one :shock:

·
Registered
21,095 Posts
guess it's time for me to make a trip to the dealler to complain about the cannine canceller not working properly,it actually seems to attract my dog,when ever I come home he comes running down the driveway to meet me. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts