GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I do love my wing, but lately I've been feeling the need for a bit more hp. I'm thinking about a new concours. Kbb puts my bike around 17k.
I hear a lot of talk on the forum about used bikes going for crazy prices recently.
It's a 2018 non tour with just under 25k miles.
Ultimate mid rider seat
Fog lights
Running lights that turn orange when signaling
Goldstrike floorboards and highway pegs
Luggage rack on the back
Extended warranty for 6 or 7 more years
It is the candy ardent red but currently is wrapped in satin urban jungle Avery wrap.
I really enjoy the bike but if the right offer came along I could be tempted to part with it.
Or am I just crazy?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Accessories don't usually increase the price of a bike, just make it easier to sell if your asking price is reasonable.

Check asking prices for similar '18's with similar mileage from private sales and dealers.
As a general guide, ask at least $1k less than what dealers are asking.
Don't put too much wiggle room in your asking price.
Price it no more than $500 above your bottom line.
A buyer always wants to think they got a deal, so coming down off your asking price is a given.

Your extended warranty, if it's from Honda, is definitely worth something.
I believe you can also terminate your extended warranty and get a refund for your unused coverage.

Then throw it out on whatever websites you want to advertise it on and see what kind of action you get.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Brand new off the floor they run about 25K. Ive seen adds in various places on the web selling used ones from 18 to 21k so be sure to check all your options and check prices in your area

·
Registered
530 Posts
Hi all,
I do love my wing, but lately I've been feeling the need for a bit more hp. I'm thinking about a new concours. Kbb puts my bike around 17k.
I hear a lot of talk on the forum about used bikes going for crazy prices recently.
Ultimate mid rider seat
Fog lights
Luggage rack on the back
It is the candy ardent red but currently is wrapped in satin urban jungle Avery wrap.
I really enjoy the bike but if the right offer came along I could be tempted to part with it.
Or am I just crazy?
Keep it.

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
WOW! I just yelled to my wife (that's in another room) to come look at this bike for sale.................I absolutely love it.............Nice shape, condition, color.... Where r you from? where is bike parked?

Ronie
1/11/22

·
Registered
171 Posts
My 6MT Tour is going to be on the market soon. Has a fair amount of extras on the bike and stuff I haven't even installed yet like Clearwater Erica Driving Lights, EC Power Block. With maint. stuff like brake pads, amsoil, k&n oil filters, Honda oem air filter, Service Manual, spare clutch switch, c.c. switch, front brake switch and stuff like that.

·
Premium Member
Honda DCT Goldwing 2020, Matte Black and Red!
993 Posts
Following wrap price….

·
Registered
271 Posts
Hi all,
Ultimate mid rider seat
Fog lights
Luggage rack on the back
Or am I just crazy?
From the list of the accessories looks like you have just about how you should like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi all,
Ultimate mid rider seat
Fog lights
Luggage rack on the back
Or am I just crazy?
As a previous Concours owner that ended up in a lawsuit with Kawasaki and winning, I’d say stay far away from those bikes. Fast yes and god yes. But it’s a rolling death trap and unbelievable uncomfortable unless you dump $1500 into a seat, risers, windshield and other things

·
Registered
171 Posts
As a previous Concours owner that ended up in a lawsuit with Kawasaki and winning, I’d say stay far away from those bikes. Fast yes and god yes. But it’s a rolling death trap and unbelievable uncomfortable unless you dump $1500 into a seat, risers, windshield and other things
What does rolling death trap mean? I've ridden many of them and have known folks that have owned them. I've never heard or read such a description.

·
Registered
56 Posts
currently I am not really into the newer wings. But that wrap looks sweeeeeet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The biggest problem I see is the wrap. It’s not that it doesn’t look great but I think any private buyer will want to see the condition of the original paint.

That’s my 2 cents worth.
I get that. I did buy it with a scratch on the right side saddle bag. Nothing major but definitely noticable. I never did take any pictures. The main reason for the wrap was a color change not to hide any imperfections.

WOW! I just yelled to my wife (that's in another room) to come look at this bike for sale.................I absolutely love it.............Nice shape, condition, color.... Where r you from? where is bike parked?

Ronie
1/11/22
Thanks. I'm in the San Diego area. But it's not necessarily on the market yet...

From the list of the accessories looks like you have just about how you should like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. I do. I spent a few bucks getting it set up this way. Which is why I I think I'm sorta crazy for for even considering selling it.
I love the jungle green wrap. That said I must have, what did that cost to have done?
Following wrap price….
I've seen your bike on the forum, I like your setup fla_rider.
I started a thread when I got the wrap. it's on here somewhere. basically, it wasn't a typical wrap, not cheap, expensive wrap material as well. $3k. But Juan did do a fantastic job very happy with his work. Would definitely recommend.
So I think I'm leaning towards your opinion. I should probably just buy a used concours to fly around on every other day. My issue is I've only got space for one bike at the moment. But damn it I want one for every occasion.

·
Registered
2022 Goldwing DCT Non Tour
54 Posts
Check EBay. Good place to see what price they are bringing. While I was looking for a used one, the prices were with in a couple thousand of the list price of a 2022. So that's what I did.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi all,
Ultimate mid rider seat
Fog lights
Luggage rack on the back
Or am I just crazy?
I am going with... You are crazy. How much HP do you really need? Keep the GW, Get yourself a used Sport bike and have the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
2002 Stream Silver ABS. Full Traxxion Suspension.
504 Posts
Keep the GW, Get yourself a used Sport bike and have the best of both worlds.
This is good advice IMO. That is what I did back when my situation was different. I had the Wing and bought an FZ-1 to play on. Wish I had kept it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is good advice IMO. That is what I did back when my situation was different. I had the Wing and bought an FZ-1 to play on. Wish I had kept it.
I am fortunate enough to own 4 motorcycles. Each of them is very different then the next. 2018 Tiger 1200 XCA, 2022 Trident 660, 2009 Harley XR 1200 And the New 2021 Goldwing DCT.

·
Registered
2002 Stream Silver ABS. Full Traxxion Suspension.
504 Posts
I am fortunate enough to own 4 motorcycles. Each of them is very different then the next. 2018 Tiger 1200 XCA, 2022 Trident 660, 2009 Harley XR 1200 And the New 2021 Goldwing DCT.
there should be a jealous emoji

1 - 20 of 21 Posts