GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 2003 GL1800 and I have a couple of questions I cant find in the manual...1- is there any way to adjust the illumination intensity of the dash lights as there is on a car ...and 2- should the handlebar switches be illuminated as a standard option that comes with the bike.

Thanks in advance for any all comebacks

·
Registered
156 Posts
To set the illumination level for your dash lights:

Press "mode" button.
Then quickly press "Trip" and "Display" buttons to adjust
Press "mode" again to set.

This is the way it works on my 05. It should be like your o3

Best Regards:thumbup:

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
What's standard on 2003 GL1800

FUN!
Your question was answered, so I'll just say WELCOME! and enjoy the ride!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for your comments. I also own a 2004 Vulcan Nomad and LOVE the floorboards. Just bought the Kuyrakan (sp) for the Gold Wing, and what an improvement...almost as laid back as the cruiser..

This bike has fabulous power and handles like a sport bike. I know I have graduated to the very best bike there is...there is no where else to go from here...:))

This bike is in a league of it's own !!!!

·
Registered
7,196 Posts
Yes, you can set the illumination level. For handlebar illumination you will need to purchase the kit from Rivco. Factory illuminated handlebars didn't start until 2004.

Good luck with your new ride!
I put the Rivco handlebar control illumination on my 03 back in 2003. They work great and look like OEM.

·
Vendor
17,361 Posts
Just an FYI ... many times, to correct handle bar switch issues, the switch assembly needs to be seporated. The Rivco product is not removable so once installed the switches are no longer servicable.

·
Registered
7,196 Posts
Just an FYI ... many times, to correct handle bar switch issues, the switch assembly needs to be seporated. The Rivco product is not removable so once installed the switches are no longer servicable.
Yep, that is the only drawback with the Rivco illumination panels. I have a new set ready to go on if I ever need to take apart the control boxes.....but it's been 8 years now and I still havn't had to take the control boxes apart for any reason. If you have a 01 to 03 model the Rivco illumination panels are the only option if you want them lighted at night....besides spending big bucks and alot of effort to swap out for the 04 parts.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Good informative thread, thanks for the info guys! :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
03 here with the rivco lites, love them and np ! Have a spare set, and should test them, heard some defective out of the box.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts