GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe somebody can give me a little insight?

My 2008 GW had a pair of very nice (looking) Kury ISO cruiser pegs installed on it when I bought the bike.

I can't seem to getting them adjusted to a postion where I can use them comfortably.

The fairing is about as wide as a SmartCar.

Is there a secret to this?

·
Registered
234 Posts
I've never understood how hi-way pegs would be comfortable. Every now and then I'll put my legs out around the fairing to stretch on a long ride and it's the most uncomfortable position in the world for me. I'm 6'3" so maybe height plays a part...

J.D.

·
Registered
125 Posts
The best position is whatever makes you comfortable and does not drag the ground when cornering. you could try different arm lengths to bring them farther back. There are lots of different setups, so you may have to find something totally different from what you have, fully think it through before you buy, they are not cheap. I played with my Kury brackets alot before I got them set just right, moving in small increments can make a big difference when adjusting.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
In the box they came in.

Sorry sometimes you can't help it :).

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
You might check out Mic-O-Pegs. I tried several highway pegs because of the same situation. Mic-O-Pegs put you legs in a natural position.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sometimes people put up conversational posts so as to lure the truly deep thinkers out of their self-righteous stupors.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
I love my Kury's. I changed them from the previous owners location, because I would drag them too easy. I mounted them on the upright bar, and put shorter arms on them so I can lock my legs straight out. I got arms short enough that I could angle the pegs in slightly, keeping them square with me. I can ride and ride and ride with this setup. Takes the weight off my butt, and pushes my lower back into the backrest slightly. I have a bad back, can only drive a car 100 miles without stopping. But yet I rode the bike 500 miles yesterday........

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Sometimes people put up conversational posts so as to lure the truly deep thinkers out of their self-righteous stupors.
Ah, so it wasn't really an "information, please" question?

I guess I'll just slip back into my stupor.

When I awaken later, I'll go for a ride and use my ****-O-Pegs to enjoy my self-righteous comfort -- the same comfort that allows me to complete 1000 miles in a day without any discomfort in the long legs attached to my 6'3" frame.

But first, one more (s)mug of coffee....

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ha-ha - No, it really was a request for information. And, I was a bit smug for a nice Sunday morning.

Sorry and whoops to all.

Next time I won't get sucked in by it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This worked for me

If you have long legs ,the kury mini arms for the ergo2 cruise pegs made aworld of difference for me,they let you stretch out ,and your legs are down away from the radiator heat.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Ha-ha - No, it really was a request for information. And, I was a bit smug for a nice Sunday morning.
Sorry and whoops to all.
The Ha ha is on you. You should have gone to church this morning instead of posting this silly question of yours. Wait till the board police gets a hold of your post. The going fine now is 90 day suspension of riding priviliges.

And....I see why you bother to post - "Here sits a man with no need to write anything profound or ironic." Maybe you simply cant. Now read my sig...........THERE IS a profound message. In fact it has been judged 8 1/2 on the 1-10 profound scale.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts

Sorry and whoops to all.

No worries!

I have model #GF ****-O-Pegs, one of the models that mounts on the vertical engine guards. They make another vertical-mount model for riders with legs that aren't quite as long.

Their web site has a LOT of information and suggestions regarding ways that you can figure out which model will work for you. Even an old dolt like me was able to figure it out on the first attempt.

BTW, the quality of the materials is remarkable. I live at the beach and haven't had a hint of rust or corrosion.

No affiliation other than a VERY satisfied customer.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
In the box they came in.

Sorry sometimes you can't help it :).

Have to agree with Bubba on this one.....they are not for me either.

Actually if I need a change of seating position on a long ride, I push my butt as far back into the seat as possible and then put my heels on the passenger floor boards behind me and lean forward on my thighs.

On my GS I hang my heels on the passenger pegs and lean forward........works great for a few miles and changes things up.:thumbup:

·
Registered
624 Posts
****-O-Pegs are the best, forget the rest! :agree:

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,526 Posts
The only way I could get those Kury Ergo II pegs comfortable was to have them mounted pointing down just like with my ****-O-Pegs....trouble was those Kury Ergo II pegs would drag the pavement in nearly any curve.

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
I have a set of Kury highway boards but I get more comfort and value for my money from moving my feet around on the Kury rider floorboards.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts