GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a meeting to attend and want to 'Wing it, one-up. I need to carry starched shirts for dress wear. Before I buy some luggage to go on the passenger seat, I thought I'd ask around.

Any suggestions out there?

Bill

(I know. I know. Starched shirts and a 'Wing are oxymoronic.)

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Instead of packing starched shorts, just carry a few depends. They're Very handy.

Oh, you said shirts :oops: Nevermind.

·
Registered
87 Posts
How far in advance of the meeting are you arriving? I would call the hotel and see how fast you can get shirts pressed there and if it can be done on the weekend (if that applies) Then you just pack them how you want and get them in shape when you arrive.

·
Registered
8,898 Posts
Just wear a white t-shirt, with leather jacket..who knows, might start a fashion statement, or strike up some motorcycle conversations. :wink: :wink:

later..Randy

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Take your shirts to a Laundry, and ask for them to be boxed. Tell them how much starch, and they fold, pin, and box them up. I have used this service for going on cruises or other long trips with the wife. :wink:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
We have gotten 2 great suggestions. Let's combine them for maximum effect.

1. Get the shirts boxed.
The plan that should work without relying on making connections at your destination.

2. Have a backup plan for getting them pressed at the hotel or nearby.
Just in case something happens or you're not satisfied with the way they traveled.

3. Do you have a travel iron? Maybe they would just need a little touchup. Most places will have an ironing board that you can use in your room. Some even have the iron and the board.

Hope everything works out for you.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
2ndGenIrish said:
(I know. I know. Starched shirts and a 'Wing are oxymoronic.)
Now if your GW was black and chrome, you should wear a tux. :D

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Call your hotel and tell them you are sending a couple of shirts via UPS and ask them to have them starched, etc and waiting for you. Get the name of a specific person at he hotel to send them to, and confirm with them that they have received them before you leave home. It's relatively foolproof, but then, some of them fools are pretty smart and can screw just about anything up. Good luck!

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Here ya go, may be a little too formal for a business meeting though...

They also come in Long-Sleeve :!:

Yeah, I know, I'm no help at all.... :lol:

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I always leave one saddlebag free during my planning. Sometimes its a couple of cowboy hats, sometimes stuff I pick up along the way, and sometimes its dress clothes... but it always seems like I need so wasted room (rather than jam packing stuff).

Typically when I head to SoCal for business I have the starched shirts and pressed slacks put in a bundle by the laundry. They fold them perfectly and wrap them in some kind of stiff brown paper. I toss them in the otherwise empty right saddlebag on top of my dress shoes and I'm off. 12 hours later, when I arrive in San Diego, I hang them up and don't have any creases where they don't belong.

The laundry knows how important this is to me and recieve a substantial tip from me everytime they do this for me.

G

·
I carry a high-end laundry steamer in my bag with me. The good ones are well in or close to the three figure range, but they do a hellva job. I think they've equal to an iron (creases aside, of course) and markedly faster.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Throw the shirts in your trunk, when ya get there, buy a can of spray starch, use the iron they have in the room and wa la... presto starched shirt. If you dont know how to Iron, get someone out in the lobby..... :D
Good luck............ :yes:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
25 Posts
All you guys missed the point. Irish said in his first post that he was looking for a new piece of luggage. In his last post, he found what he wanted.

My guess is that he wanted a new farkle for the wing, and his shirts was the means to an end.

Enjoy your new luggage!!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
JMATANDEM said:
Call your hotel and tell them you are sending a couple of shirts via UPS and ask them to have them starched, etc and waiting for you. Get the name of a specific person at he hotel to send them to, and confirm with them that they have received them before you leave home. It's relatively foolproof, but then, some of them fools are pretty smart and can screw just about anything up. Good luck!
Ditto. Except I would have your laundry fold and box, then UPS to the hotel.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts