GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
… that the upcoming NAV update will include Android Auto as well as Apple Carplay?

Probably approaching zero. I imagine we’d have heard about it by now. But hey, you can hope. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Might want to go ahead and purchase an Apple iphone and enjoy the benefits of Apple Car play at this stage of the game.

Reactions: Order66

·
15 year Member
6,899 Posts
ZERO

Mattbcnv

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
I would think there is a contract with apple that would not let them do this, but I could wrong.
I'm gonna guess it has more to do with google not approving AA for 2 wheeled vehicles.

We have several 4 wheel vehicles round here than have CarPlay and Android Auto happily co-existing.

·
Registered
19,254 Posts
Possibility is zero. Apple developed the Apple Car Play. Why would they consider allowing their competition to partake in the fun

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well it came std with my GMC truck and my wife's Caddy so I don't see a conflict in that regard. And Android sells about as many phones as Apple so Honda is really limiting a lot of folks.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Well it came std with my GMC truck and my wife's Caddy so I don't see a conflict in that regard. And Android sells about as many phones as Apple so Honda is really limiting a lot of folks.
Actually, the last numbers I saw said that Android has 80% market share and Apple only 20% of smart phone sales.

If that's so, IMO Honda sure picked the wrong dog in the race.

Reactions: laen

·
Registered
19,254 Posts
Many many new cars come with Apple Car play

·
Registered
616 Posts
Many many new cars come with Apple Car play
Many come with the Android version too, and a lot even have both.

I'm betting we'll see the Android supported on the new Wing in time, but I doubt we'll see it in the update one month from now. For the 2020 models would be more likely IMHO.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Many come with the Android version too, and a lot even have both.

I'm betting we'll see the Android supported on the new Wing in time, but I doubt we'll see it in the update one month from now. For the 2020 models would be more likely IMHO.
I hoping this will happen also.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Honda cars are compatible with Apple and Android phones. Honda already has the technology in its cars.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Harley have run into the same problem with Google so it's not just Honda. It seems that Google is focused on the 4 wheel market and isn't interested in addressing the 2 wheel market yet.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts