GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy’s . Someone sent me an anonymous e-mail from here telling me about cracked frames and low speed wobble on the 1800's . What’s going on. I read where they had a class action suit about it ? What’s wrong with the frame ? Why would anyone on here send me an e-mail hiding there name ? Is this true ?

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
That was just a smoke screen to distract you while a few of us sneak in your back door and see what brand of mustard you keep in the fridge.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats so messed up. LOL Strange though . No one answered my question. I went and did a lot of research myself.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I heard something about a problem with some having cracked frames from a guy at my local Honda shop.
He said I should take it in and let them check it out, he also pointed out a guy on a new looking Goldwing 05 or 06 model, and said he had his checked out and there was a factory defect crack in the frame and he recieved a new bike.

This is just hear say .. I do not know for a fact cause I didn't talk to the guy on the Goldwing...

Thanks for letting me know you can send anon messages, Now I can have some fun, prank calling PoleCat ...
He will never know it's me ..

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Seems like there was a problem on earlier models, but supposedly it has been cured. Don't know why someone would hide their name, maybe unintentionally?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
PoleCat said:
That was just a smoke screen to distract you while a few of us sneak in your back door and see what brand of mustard you keep in the fridge.
:lol: You have got to be a lot of fun at parties.

·
Registered
979 Posts
BLK04WNG said:
I have my doubts about G-Funk getting a Goldwing, I think he is just here messing with us. 8)
:D yEP THE 1800S had frame issues pre 2004 models i wouldnt loose any sleep over it . Harleys now they have no issues at all LMAO. :D

G

·
Some early model had frame issues when mother Honda changed the welding on the frames. It has been changed back. I think it was the 02's and 03 models. To the best of my knowledge it never gave anyone an actual problem.
Most bikes have a low speed wobble. Wings get real noticable when the tires are worn out. As with the left saddle bag problem on some Wings, it's a known bug with an easy fix.
Yep, there are some bugs on the Wing. Most of the on my windshield. :D

Pat

G

·
My Wing was in the frame recall and was rewelded, it now has some massive welds that I havent worried about since it was done.

·
Registered
19,462 Posts
G Funk-no worries man...does your remote start work properly

·
Registered
119 Posts
Arn Butt Bill said:
[quote="G-Funk":3boh2s52]:shock: :shock: REMOTE START ! WHAT !
Ask Fred H. for the instructions; you do it with your remote. It's great fun to use.[/quote:3boh2s52]

Don't believe this crap. It's not fun at all anymore, once you show it to your friends and occasionally scare strangers in a parking lot, the novelty wears off.

Hardly worth the trouble to make it work.

·
Registered
624 Posts
PoleCat said:
You're such an entertaining guy. I'm really gonna miss you. :D

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
If I tow my Kawa with my Goldwing, does that make me like the people who tow their HD's with their pickup trucks? Only going to rally's though...

G

·
If you do program the remote start function just be sure the bike is on the center stand. It doesn't work when the side stand is down due to the kill switch.

Pat

1 - 20 of 23 Posts