GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way to Wing Ding in Madison, my wife and I are staying in Millersburg, OH for a night based upon several recommendations from this forum.

Anybody have any suggestions about where to eat or what to do while there?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
On the way to Wing Ding in Madison, my wife and I are staying in Millersburg, OH for a night based upon several recommendations from this forum.

Anybody have any suggestions about where to eat or what to do while there?

Thanks!
Der dutchman on 39 (walnut Creek). Mrs yoder's Kitchen on 241. Both on main roads and easy to find. Don't think you could go wrong at either. Both Amish food. There are quite a few in that area, but those two are very easy to find and only a few miles from Millersburg.

There is shopping in Berlin. Those booth things where you can walk around and buy stuff. My wife loves that stuff.. Me not so much. No amusement parks or anything like that.

·
DSI Keeper
9,159 Posts
My favorite place to eat is Chalet in the Valley. It is located on state route 557 just outside of Berlin. Off RTE 39. Also very close by is Keim lumber company. Perhaps the nicest lumber stores I ever been in. Lots of stuff to do near by.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
We had our FOW's rally in Berlin, OH a few years ago.
A lot of Amish places to visit, flea market in town on saturday, more stores then you can visit.
We had a local fellow and his wife take us on tours every day, visited a Amish farm and even had dinner with them that night. Fed 40 of us on 2 long tables filled with chicken, roast beef and all the trimmings.

·
Rocket Man
1,556 Posts
It's been a few years but just over in Berlin the Farmstead Restaurant was really good. We liked Berlin better than Millersburg. Lots of things to do and see that would take a few days. Check online for attractions.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Could not believe it when I saw this thread.

My Aunt lives in Millersburg and I am going up there to visit her this coming Sunday and will be there till Thursday.

All the places mentioned here are worth going to, eating at. On the weekends the whole area is loaded with bikes and Berlin has HEAVY traffic.

Enjoy riding the hills around Millersburg BUT be extra careful when going around blind curves. There is a heavy Amish population in the area and they are all over in their buggies. You can come around a corner, well within you lane and come face to face, er face to arse, with a horse drawn buggy in the middle of your lane. Also all those horses can leave 'calling cards' in the lane that can be somewhat slippery!

Try the Troyer Trail bologna when you are there, also couple places where you can get excellent Swiss Cheese.

Just ride safe and watch for the buggies!

Oh by the way, Verizon is the only cell company that provides service in and around Millersburg. My T-Mobile phone is just good for weighing down my pocket there!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Mudd Valley Creamery is not far away, great ice cream fried pies etc. Someone mentioned Chalet in the Valley. They have a nice buffet on Sundays and there is a cheese factory across the street. Watch out for Amish buggies. If there on a Sunday everything Amish is closed.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I don' know your route to Millersburg but I am guessing you want to avoid Pittsburgh. If you take I-70 west look at stopping at Mehlma's Cafeteia (Mehlman.com) in Satintclairsville Ohio. Then take nine up to US250 to head northwest. Or stop at Tom's Icecream Bowl in Zanesvile. tomsicecreambowl.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts