GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to go to the Edsets website to order new microphones. When visiting the site, I'm directed to a website claiming I need ZEND Optimizer. I've never heard of it, and I'm reluctant to install unknown software on my computer in today's world. :eek:4:

Does anyone have any experience with this software? Am I being too cautious?

·
15 year Member
6,873 Posts
I tried to go to the Edsets website to order new microphones. When visiting the site, I'm directed to a website claiming I need ZEND Optimizer. I've never heard of it, and I'm reluctant to install unknown software on my computer in today's world. :eek:4:

Does anyone have any experience with this software? Am I being too cautious?

I would NOT install anything from a site that sells Headsets.....

But thats just ME!!

matt(BCNV)

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
I went there as well and had the same page pop up....I am leary of it....
I think Ed got some scammer onto his site. I would not download anything to just visit a web site....

·
lightley seasoned member
3,082 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
That's not for your computer, it is something wrong with the server his site is on.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Try calling Ed, heres his number.. 937-271-4077

I just talked to him Thursday, so I know his phone works
just fine...

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
I don't think it has anything to do with Ed, it looks like he's changing or upgrading his third party eStore software and it's not setup right..
This isn't a hijack or a scam, it's a website development tool for php scripting..

NOTE: 10:51EDT He seems to have fixed the problem!!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I had no problem accessing Ed's site, but that may be because I;'m using Firefox and a Mac.

To check out Zend Guard, you can go to their website:
http://www.zend.com/en/products/guard/

"Zend Guard (formerly Zend Encoder) protects your applications from reverse engineering and unauthorized customization by providing encoding and obfuscation. It further protects from unlicensed use and redistribution by providing comprehensive licensing support. This combined functionality makes software distribution worry free."

It may offer him some protection but requiring users to install "special" software will also cost him business.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I had no problem accessing Ed's site, but that may be because I;'m using Firefox and a Mac.

To check out Zend Guard, you can go to their website:
http://www.zend.com/en/products/guard/

"Zend Guard (formerly Zend Encoder) protects your applications from reverse engineering and unauthorized customization by providing encoding and obfuscation. It further protects from unlicensed use and redistribution by providing comprehensive licensing support. This combined functionality makes software distribution worry free."

It may offer him some protection but requiring users to install "special" software will also cost him business.
I started to post yesterday about this but figured it was my browser. So I tried Mozilla Foxfire and still it did not work. I'll just wait until he is up and running before I download any software to access a web site.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I had that happen last week when I orderer new Edsets. One day it was fine the next re-routed me. The following day it was OK again.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Everyone,

Thanks for the concern. The site was not scammed or hacked, it was just a configuration setting for the Zend engine that processes the scripts that run the site, and virtually every other site on the internet. For some reason, the setting was being changed every 4 days by the hosting company while they were upgrading software.

NOTE: YOU NEVER NEED TO INSTALL ANYTHING TO VISIT MY WEBSITE...and I have to apoligize that I don't have control over the message you saw telling you to install zend, that was not meant for end users, and I'm working with my software company to change that message. ON some sites, if you want to play a song, or view a video, you may need a plug-in, and that's ok, but you should never install anything just to view a basic website.

I think we have the issue with the config setting taken care of, but if you find the site not loading please let me know at [email protected] and I'll fix it immediately since it is just a click to reinstall the settings.

Also, just so you know, the site is not compromised nor was it trying to redirect you. The error message was intended for website administrators and not end users, and was saying in a very unfriendly way that Zend could not run and needed to be installed. Of course, it was installed, the error was due to the fact that the script didn't know where!

Again, sorry for the confusion. The site has been running reliably for nearly 8 years now with practically no problems, and if this is all we have, I consider myself lucky!

Ed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts