GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
February 14 & 15: Rain all weekend! I thought Florida was The Sunshine State! Guess I'll watch the Pro-Am Golf from sunny Pebble Beach!

BTW: Sunny on Monday! Sorry if you have to work....

·
Registered
134 Posts
Been out riding all day -- beautiful day -- no rain in my neck of the woods.

Cruzn'AL/Valrico, FL

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Rode 200 mile loop out from Ormond Beach, and back, sun is shining.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Just got in, rode all day, no rain on the west coast. .......Don

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Dry in central Florida. Worked yard work 3 hours....

·
Florida Moderator
4,617 Posts
Hey Roger,
I helped Crockett put his new Ultimate seat on this morning. It rained off and on but seemed to clear up a little around 2:30. We went for a ride down 315 to Ft McCoy, sunny that way, then east on 316 toward Salt Springs. Took a side road I've never been on, the sign said "Hog Valley." We went for several miles before it turned to a dirt road. By now it started looking like more rain. We made it to within 5 miles of Interlachen before it started raining. Luckily we were able to keep our speed up and didn't get wet. Oh, Crockett loves his new seat. Later.

Tom

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Hey Roger,
I helped Crockett put his new Ultimate seat on this morning. It rained off and on but seemed to clear up a little around 2:30. We went for a ride down 315 to Ft McCoy, sunny that way, then east on 316 toward Salt Springs. Took a side road I've never been on, the sign said "Hog Valley." We went for several miles before it turned to a dirt road. By now it started looking like more rain. We made it to within 5 miles of Interlachen before it started raining. Luckily we were able to keep our speed up and didn't get wet. Oh, Crockett loves his new seat. Later.

Tom
Didn't even get out of the barn today ObT. Painted the master bedroom yesterday, had to "put it back together" today along with having grands here. Planned to service the Wing before heading south Monday morning but didn't even get that done. We'll pick a time and place to meet next Saturday morning. Looks like Momma will not be along at this point, just myself and #2 son on his Wing. We'll work out details later in the week. Chow at noon but need time to kick tires and HEAR some lies. ;)

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Not only was it not raining in Central Fla, It was getting down right hot. i checked the temp on the bike at about 2:30 heading home from Pebbles BBQ in Auburndale and it was up to 84. :shock::shock: I was sweating pretty good when I got home. Suppose to rain tomorrow afternoon. Looks like the race might get some too. I guess I'll ride south tomorrow and try and stay dry.

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
February 14 & 15: Rain all weekend! I thought Florida was The Sunshine State!
You must be in the wrong part of the state.... ;)

Nice and sunny here all day in the Tampa Bay area..., tomorrow too.

-

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
The panhandle is known as thunderstorm alley. Move a bit further south. We had a hot dry ride yesterday afternoon with a stray shower pelting us as we passed the St. Lucie nuclear power plant on Hutchinson Island on our way up to Archie's (biker hangout) at Fort Pierce Beach.

·
Florida Moderator
4,617 Posts
The rain is gone, the sky is blue, and my brother is calling me to go for a ride...BUT, I've got to take the frappin dog to the vet:-(.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts