GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
55 Posts
goldwingnut said:
Has anyone used this particular wheel balancer by Marc Parnes Products?
Yes, it is a very high quality product and almost too sensitive. You can balance tires to within an eighth of an ounce -- if you cut the quarter ounce weights in half.

·
Registered
24 Posts
balancer

I use this balancer by Marc. It is absolutely awesome and accurate. I happened to get a NO MAR tire changer so I use their stand With a modified bar. The bearings from Marc has such little internal resistance that balancing is dead on and gives a better result than i get from the dealer. I removed six 1/4 oz weights from the dealer balanced rear wheel and with Marc's balancer used only one 1/4 oz weight, after balancing the wheel then adding the tire and rebalancong the assembly.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Re: balancer

Another wing said:
I use this balancer by Marc. It is absolutely awesome and accurate. I happened to get a NO MAR tire changer so I use their stand With a modified bar. The bearings from Marc has such little internal resistance that balancing is dead on and gives a better result than i get from the dealer. I removed six 1/4 oz weights from the dealer balanced rear wheel and with Marc's balancer used only one 1/4 oz weight, after balancing the wheel then adding the tire and rebalancong the assembly.
:D I have the Marc Parnes balancer as well it works great. :yes1:

·
Registered
127 Posts
"Goldwingnut"
I have used the Marc Parnes balancer for several years. Extremely high quality and very accurate. I use mine between two jack safety stands. Works great. Purchased an adaptor so my son and I can do his wheels also. Future Goldwinger I hope.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Guys for all the comments, I ordered one from Marc, should be here any time. I'm sure it will save a lot of time and money in the future. It's 30 miles to the dealer (stealer) and then an hour wait even with the tire off the bike and they charge $38 + tax for labor, just for balancing. I think they say it's 1/2 hour labor charge which is a rip-off. A local garage will change the tire for $5.00 but they can not balance it on their machine. I'm just really tired of paying these outrageous rates.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts