GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in the Central or Northern Virginia area with experience removing / replacing the wheels on a Goldwing? I have a new 2012 that I'd like to install Centramatic balancers on. The folks on this forum have me just about ready to try it myself but I'd like to do it will someone with experience the first time. Just for info, I'm not interested in setting the bike on it's side, so I guess it would be lifting it a bit to pull the wheels off.

I'm also looking for one or more to ride with... :cool:

·
Registered
903 Posts
I'm not sure what changes have been made to the '12' but on the prior years it's very simple. If you do not have a trailer hitch installed there's no need to lay it over, all work can be done on the center stand. The rear wheel is easily removed by removing the rear(license plate) panel, lug nuts, moving the rim off the studs and rolling it out the back. The front - remove the side covers, front portion of the front fender, axle nut, pinch bolts, one side brake caliper, axle and roll it out the front - keep an eye on the spacer locations, and ABS sensor(if equipped).
I would recommend securing the center stand w/a tie down strap or such so it doesn't move - just in case. See nothing to it!! Byron

·
Registered
297 Posts
jD

I,m in Manassas if you need hep. I have changed mine a dozen times or so no problem. Its easier with a new bike due to lack of add on,s. I'm a police commander who is working in the emergency center on sat, but can assist you on Sunday or during the week after 5.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts