GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi from australia,
just noticed when checking my tyres that on the rear wheel i have a black plastic thing around the tyre valve but there is not one on the front wheel, can't remember if there was ever one?
thanks
aussie bob

·
Registered
172 Posts
Ron, the way you ride you better switch them over to metal (preferably titanium) right away. I don't think that plastic will stand the high speed landings.

R :D T

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
You want to replace that missing one...

...they help keep the strain off the stem. I have heard that they start leaking after a while without them.

Warm down there?????

·
Registered
788 Posts
The thingy needs to be on the front wheel also. Bled off a lot of air pressure in the middle of nowhere before I found the problem.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
You definitely want to get that replaced as soon as possible, if it is missing you can have a failure in the tire valve, sudden air loss, and bad consequences!! :shock:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Rat Bake

Speakin ah high speed landins, i won't be doin any for ah week or so, i got th Wing up on blocks in th garage, waitin for new fork tubes ta come in. I pulled em down ta check th bushins & found ah high spot on each tube. Not bad really considerin th milage, 72 K & still runs lika scaulded dog! :mrgreen:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts