GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re wheel weights.
Today I fitted up a set of new tyres on my GL1800. I was astounded to learn the wheel weights that were fitted on my oem GL were not available in N.Z. I had to fit some weights that come with sticky back that fit to the rim. Not that tidy in my opinion.
Can any of you point me to a web site in Oz that sells the wheel weights that fit onto the centre raised profile of a GL1800 wheel rim? :shrug:
I thought I will buy an assortment of weights and use them as required.
P.S I won’t mention your Rugby at all. :22yikes: :eek:4:
Mo in South Taranaki N.Z.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Re wheel weights.
Today I fitted up a set of new tyres on my GL1800. I was astounded to learn the wheel weights that were fitted on my oem GL were not available in N.Z. I had to fit some weights that come with sticky back that fit to the rim. Not that tidy in my opinion.
Can any of you point me to a web site in Oz that sells the wheel weights that fit onto the centre raised profile of a GL1800 wheel rim? :shrug:
I thought I will buy an assortment of weights and use them as required.
P.S I won’t mention your Rugby at all. :22yikes: :eek:4:
Mo in South Taranaki N.Z.
Kiwi

I just checked with my dealer and they use stickon ones over here as well as they say the clip on ones do not fit on well, and they scratch the rim. I just went out and check my wing and it has stickon as well

Johng

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
You can get the clip on weights from Honda, I was going to get an assortment until I saw the price.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Dyna Beads from this forum's sponser. They work a little better, can be re-used and go inside the tire leaving the rim free of anything......but brake dust. :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts