GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meesh and I were riding around the countryside, looking for a place to open our temporary "Road Side" GL 1800 service shop. We looked on our map and saw that Jimayyy aka "Wheels" was only 289 miles away. What the heck, he has a large yard and seems to always want to "Help" people out. Look out Jimayyy, here we come.

Well a few hours later, we pull in to the "Wheels" family yard, say hello and explain that things are slow in our shop and we need to expand our horizons. Jimayyy agreed to our plight and offered space, a sign and some tools (tools? Hey beggars can't be choosey!). We were hoping to pick up a few "Bucks" as we needed gas money to get home as a minimum.

Fooled us. We couldn't squeeze a dime out of those Mary - Landers. Guests at the house wanted lot's of free advice and tried to get some work done for Free. Not much different from some of the Nu - Yawkas I deal with on occasion...LOL Plus, there was this guy named Charlie from TN, offering to do free work for food and beverage. (he lied, he went home full and not thirsty, but his hands never got dirty!).

As we were waiting for our first customer, (never happened), we talked to some of the other guests. Met up with this guy named Charlie from Moe Zurie. What an interesting guy, but his lovely Bride was sweeter and purely truthful, unlike......! Well this Charlie guy is an accomplished GL 1800 trike rider, farmer, BSer and generally good guy. He was so proud to tell me about his "family tree" of motorcyclist, and how some of them are "KeY" members of the GL 1800 riders board. The list of names was quite impressive (Oh my Goodness, I would never share what he shared with all of us!...LOL).

We got to meet the Wheels family Handyman and Concierge. I mean this guy (Will he make Margaritas) , seemed to be the ticket that everyone needs to have around the house. That is till you watch him in action. This guy uses the swimming pool to keep his bottle of Heinz Catsup cold. Could not light and keep the "Tiki, smudge pot lamps" lit. He brought a couple of "Blow-Up" toys for the weekend. (Don't ask me), but these toys needed constant attention and seemed to be limp, most of the time. (Don't ask, don't tell...LOL). One thing, that I did notice though, this "Will" guy is a an inventor. I noticed a new style windshield vent, that I have never seen in my life. This thing is cool. It is so futuristic, that he would not allow us to take pictures, nor would he explain it's operation or anything about it. (Bet he has applied for a Patent!).

Now, back to this guy Charlie from TN. Sweet, grandfatherly type of guy. Looks like he would be more comfortable being a "Greeter at Wal-Mart", than a hot rod GL1800 driver, traveling all over the country on his tired old looking 2 wheeler. (did I tell you how this guy bogarted a Prime parking spot, inside the cramped garage?). Anyhow this guy tells his Hosts that he will provide "libation" that is native to his lovely TN. Well he lied. Showed up empty handed and tried to explain (he failed) that the "Stillls er um the Hills of TN have been quiet." Can't believe a thing that man tells you! Lots of folks woke up this morning, still needing their work done and there was "No Charlie on the Grounds". He Snookered them!

Met some guy named "Jay", that is from Indy and either raises, sells or trains Mules, for a living. (again, another don't ask, don't tell subject. Some things are just best unknown!) I think that he is an auctioneer. This guy can carry 3 conversations at once and never get mixed up. This guy can talk, only reason that I can think of on how he confused and then captured his sweet bride Maria. Apparently Jay rides out east, yearly to ride his trike in the snow. Seems to be a yearly event for him. His Idol has always been Jean-Claude Killey.

Then we met this guy named Astute-Reader. I think that he should have been named Astute-Eater. This guy can pack it away and still maintain great form. Hi octane, energy and brilliant individual. I don't think he was part of the original group. I believe he was lost and just waiting for the "Stars" to come out so he could get his bearings. Definitely a cut-above.

Then there was this guy named John whom owns a Honda. This man loves to ride at night, in Monsoon like conditions without aid of rain gear or windshield. My Hero!

Now for the BEST! We all read about Jimayyy this and Jimayy that. How much everyone wants to meet the Munchkin Jimayyy. Well let me tell you all something, you are all wrong. The one you want to meet is "Honda Hon" aka Nancy. That gal never ceases to amaze me. Full of energy, cute as a button and the best hostess in the world. Nancy does not complain about anything. She just digs in and "Gits er done!". Thank you Nancy for being You. We never want to leave your grace nor your home. You put up with us "Clowns" year after year and invite us back. A true Saint! Kisses from Meesh and I.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Great report Dawg.
Sounds like a great time was had by all. I think I recognized all of the characters in your little story. All are great folks, including you and Meesh.
Sorry I couldn't be there. Maybe next time.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hey Roy,

I guess this means you didn't make it.

" NO BREEZY RIDES FOR YOU "

Your friend,
Mike in NJ

·
Registered
692 Posts
I did do the work I had agreed to. Some people have a way of leaving before the work starts. Good weekend of riding and seeing some great people.
Thanks.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Setting the record straight.

While most of what the Dawg has reported is true, some things do require clarification.

I must report that I did witness charlie from TN pay his bill on Sunday morning (to the host anyhow). When I pulled out of the driveway, wheels trike had working headlights, can't say the same for that other feller.

As for the road side service, all I can say is that times must be tough for the Dawg. I noted that he was trying to reuse crush washers. I personally would have no parts of that and felt it was my responsibility to let everyone know about this potentially dangerous practice ( I won't mention the condition of those air filters).

Now the Dawg is spot on in one area, that Nancy is a real gem. She let us invade her house, fed us like royalty and then (after it rainned) tore up our pool water bills. What a great time!

·
Trained Killer Member
1,533 Posts
Nice write up Dawg! No-Pee Magee and I had the "fortune" to experience, first-hand, one of these shindigs. To say we walked up to a Sopranos movie set wouldn't be stretching the truth very much! :shrug: I mean, a bunch of wiseguys smoking fat cigars, drinking the world famous "crick water", Margarita Will's hotdogs, etc... Suffice it to say we were thoroughly entertained! Hell, I even remember YOU waiting until Jimster had poured me a few drinks to talk me into some sleazy Wingsoft seat "deal of all deals"...you could sell an Eskimo a freezer Dude! :joke: Seriously, it was, indeed, a great deal. I use that very seat to this day...thanks!

And y'all all have it right about that beautiful lady, Jimster's MUCH better half, Miss Nancy! A class act she is! :bow: How she not only put up w/Jimster but the likes of Dawg, Tn Charlie, Will, Astute Reader, et al...beats the hell outta me! The patience of Job I tell ya. She even insisted we stay the night (didn't really have to twist our arms too much). Oh, and let's not forget, after mentioning that I had lost my watch somewhere, Wheels "knelt" down and crawled all around the downstairs part of the house looking for a watch I misplaced. I think he thought I was still reeling from the night before, but I swore I left it ther---somewhere. A few days later, lo and behold, said watch was found, packaged and shipped to me without so much as a bad joke about the whole thing. Truly classy folks that Jimster and Nancy. Our Texas doors will always be open to them should they ever head west. :thumbup: We have chili here too ya know! :lol:

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Somehow I never seem to see the same thing as others do at these gatherings......

Thanks again to Wheels and Honda Hon for a great time........

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
At least somebody had a good time this weekend. I was stuck in the nasty old Smoky @$$ Mountains, babysitting my son and his "little" friend. They're only 40 years old and were always getting into something.

We hated it so much, we might have to go back Thursday to make sure it's as bad as it seemed.

2W

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
And Now The Real Story

Once again, I am left with having to report the “real” facts as they occurred or as much of them as I am able to recall, with the rest being extrapolated from vague, somewhat foggy recollections and hearsay.

It was 5 AM when I began to awaken when out on the lawn there arose such a clatter, I sprang to my chair to see what’s the madder. Ok, you get the picture, and so did I.

There he was in the flesh (I made him put a shirt on before the picture was taken), this jolly ole guy going about his “business” on my front lawn. (I told him if the grass dies he is was in big trouble). Yes, the part about wanting to expand is clearly true (I refer you to the picture), but I must admit that I was not sure about the marketing approach. It’s never good when potential customers see you looking at some of your tools with this expression of “what do I do with this” on your face. (No, I will not report what you said you planned to do with it). I’m just not sure that the idea of trying to go “green” by reusing “black” air filters, oil, and shop rags was something that was going to catch on. But hey, what do I know about how things are done in the hills of NY.

Now many on this board have heard over the years how “he” has said that he would NEVER reuse a crush washer. Well, it seems that years of rebuttals have taken its toll as I was able to catch the Master Mechanic getting ready to recycle one.

As I was about to close this operation down, it happened! His lovely bride Meesh stepped from around the van and while she is a vision in her own right, I noticed that she held in her hands a very familiar sight that I had not seen since Margarita Will stacked the voting booth and rigged the last election while at Cats-Cade. YES . . . It was my beloved NY Style, Meesh made, Cheesecake. I quickly pushed the Dawg aside and brought her right into the house where she could relax and unwind from her long ride.
Shortly afterwards, the rest of the Mid-Atlantic Mob Family Board of Directors began to arrive. There was, after all, some serious Family Business to attend too. First order up for a vote was what hits the grill first. Indy Mull made a compelling case for his home grown birds. How could we not, since after all, just 4 days earlier they were Grand Champion and Runner Up at the local 4H competition. It was unanimous. Then there was a motion made from the back of the room that Margarita Will be allowed to reserve some grill space for something “special.” Note to self, “some things never change.”

After several rounds with the grill, a few deserts, and something to wash it all down with, there was some small talk within the group about how the Family could resolve some “supply and demand” issues by having our Mid-Western members ship corn to our TN members, and those in the know would call their water delivery contacts and have some shipped in. I love it when a plan comes together. Did I mention that ALL of the MAM MOB Ladies did a great job with deserts, GUMBO, Brownies, Cookies, Cake Balls (yes, you would eat one), Wings, and so, so much more.

Then the Special Family Chili Oversight Committee convened for a special meeting to deal with a few recent infractions to the Two Cans of Chili dilemma.

You may recall that a “few” had some trouble with following the rules: http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290540&highlight=cans+chili
Once the final decision was made, the results of the Boards decision was dispatched to our UPS guy to “make it happen.” For someone, the results are not going to be good, that’s all I can say.

I paid special attention to the instructions that I was given on turning the back 40 into a farming plot that was explained to me by the newest Family member “The Dirt Doctor.” Up until the recent “closing bell” it was looking really good. PNF did an outstanding job providing security for the Cake Balls, as I understand that they were under constant assault. I also want to thank the Professor for the complete chemical breakdown analysis of just about every item that was placed on the food table. Sugar and Spice once again lived up to the challenge and Family standards that we have set. And yes, I am a very lucky man ot have a wife who continues to put up with me and all of this 'stuff."

Well, by now, many of you realize that my wife and I have truly been blessed as a result of this board and the many great folks we have met. While I have done a great many things in my life, nothing has been as much fun, or brought as much joy into our lives as participating in the many gatherings organized here on this board, and meeting some many fellow board members. It’s always a great time, and I look forward to many more. Thanks for all the great memories and good fun. If it’s true that you add a year to your life for every time you laugh, well I think I will be around (that’s a shape, right?) for a very long time.

It's a blast:thumbup:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jimmayyyy,

After your "Post" above, I'm starting to think that you were not there?

I am going to have to reach into my deep memory and check the facts.

My vision is taking me to a Liquor store parking lot.........Oh yeah, it is starting to come back to me....LOL

Jimmmayyy, till I get the Facts and truth Ironed out, I respectfully request that you do not drink out of any "Mason" (dixie) jars till further notice.

I am going to dig out my camera and voice recorder and see what they Reveal!

I might need some of my friends help, that were in attendance, to provide some statements. (PS: I am a NYS Notary).

Stand by for news! Or as we say in Woodbourne, Round 2.

Sober Dawg

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Speaking of shapes, has our distinguished member from New Yuck lost a little weight? If so I'm happy about that. Jim, I understand about your shape!!!:tongue:

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
All I know is that Bull Dog give me a new Job.. And I can't wait to do it.. Some one is getting a one day pass.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Well, well, well... whadaya know? I go off to Europe to ride through some mountain ranges that don't have the words "Smokey", "White", "Green", or "Blue Ridge" in thier names... and come back to find that there's not only been another 'family' meeting by the pool, but that the 2 cans of chili that I had a brief relationship with were involved as well.

Maybe it's because I was riding that 'other' brand of motorcycle over there, instead of a Gold Wing. You know.. that other national brand... BMW?? Ok, well, maybe not OUR national brand... but after all, I was in Germany (and Austria, Switzerland, Lichtenstein, & Italy).

Anyway, sure am glad you guys had a good time. Maybe I'll get to catch up with y'all sometime next year.

·
Notorious Rocket Scientist
5,533 Posts
Greetings!

All I know is that we had bible study and then we all went to Weight Watchers. That's the official story and I am sticking to it.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
And he is sticking to that story.....................:joke:

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Greetings!

All I know is that we had bible study and then we all went to Weight Watchers. That's the official story and I am sticking to it.
I'm with you on that one Brother Reader.. Cause if I remember correctly the water was "blessed" by "Father Charlie"

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I just got back from the post office and the picture of Jim, Luther and Charlie was hanging on the wall. My lips are sealed about their whereabouts.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Me thinks I was the only one there paying attention! Dawg's traveling roadshow-- oop's traveling shop was open for buisness when Becky and I pulled in the drive but no Dawg to be found, maybe self service? Will was doing his best to keep up with orders NOT! John was his usual self just smoozing with the wimmens, now thats when he could kick Tn Charlie oudda da way(New York slang). Indy Mule was telling anyone who would listen about his skills at chicken farming and the astute reader was talking WAY over this old dirt farmers head. Oh yeah, Capt. Carl took one cannonball dive into the pool and splashed all the water out. Now while all this was going on I was sitting over in the corner reading scripture and drinking bottled water wondering how in the blazes did I get up into Marry-land, boy-howdy do those people talk funny! The highlight of the trip was the presentation of THE shirt (photos to follow). Nancy, you are a Sweetheart and I'll love you forever, just don't let Wheels know. Pop-N-Fresh and Patti Crocker it sure was good to see you again. Did I remember to say that I'm crazy about Nancy and that her cute as a button daughter nailed ME to the side of the house :bow::bow::bow:. Thats all folks!! Charley
p.s. Becky says I must be using Southeast Missouri skills at making this up, I mean writing this.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts