GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeaterday I washed the bike with that new car wash stuff by Mr. Clean. The systems works well. Lots of pad liner on the back wheels. Is there and easier way to get these wheels clean.

What does everyone use to clean them. Can I use wheel cleaner for automobiles or will that screw up something else.

·
Registered
615 Posts
The Bomb, it might not be easier but it works great. Or Chrome them :lol: Joy

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Boms Away Metal Polish helps to keep the wheels cleaner for a longer time. It also makes them easier to clean, once they do get dirty.

I would have never believed in this product... until I saw it demonstrated at the Honda Hoot. Pricey, but worth it. A little goes a looonnnnggg way.

www.badtothebom.com

·
Registered
578 Posts
I use one of those environmentally safe, biodegradeable degreaser/solvents. I spray the entire underside of the bike and the wheels. It loosens road tar and serious grease. Then I use turtle wax car wash, but joy dish soap will work just as well with a sponge. Rinse with water.

Then I start from the top and clean the entire bike with the aforementioned soapy solution...rinse...dry.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
I went to Home Depot and bought myself a polishing wheel. I then used Mothers alum. polish , I used the wheel in my drill and dolled em up pretty good. Now all I have to do is wipe them down. I do that a couple
times a year. Some people also use a dremel with a polish wheel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts