GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Hey Jazzy,

Well to start off with, nothing will bring the LEO back to his family. Putting this Ortiz women in jail up to 5 years, will only become a burden to the state when her children become wards of the state or welfare eligible.

This is a no win situation for anyone.

Bet she gets a fine, with many extensions to pay the fine, and no jail time.

Sometimes LIFE SUCKS, but we have to accept it.

Bulldog

·
Registered
990 Posts
I am tired of all the excuses, and I would throw her ass in jail and be done with it. We, now, in this country always seem to find an excuse why it is not the person's fault when they commit a crime or cause an accident. My answer to that is you do the crime, you do the time. That is if the person is found guilty. Screw this PC world people are trying to make this country into. If a person is short they are short: and not vertically challanged as some would like to say.

·
Registered
436 Posts
jmac00 that is totally unfortunate. There is no excuse for driving without a licence but I also would say that just because one has a licence doesn't mean they know how to drive either. Being a motorcyclist we have to always and I mean always be on the look out. I believe at times we get complacent and open ourselves to danger.

Sad story but that just confirms to me that if I ride I have to always ride for others mistakes so I can ride another day!

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think part of the problem maybe everyone is getting complacent. People seem to think the driving a motor vehicle is there RIGHT and not a PRIVILEGE

They get the idea that THEY are some how more important than any other driver out there. AND thats what gets people into trouble

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Quit making cars like a living room on wheels. Get rid of the 10 way heated power seats, dvd players, 13 speaker cd players, coolers and cup holders, acc. outlets and hands free cell phones. Keep people a bit more uncomfortable, and they might be more alert. :lol:

I'm really surprised to read in the paper, how many people are stopped for a traffic violation/or accident, and they don't have insurance or drivers license, or are revoked. Make these people spend some time in jail to get their heads straight. My brother lost his license after his 3rd dui. He got po'd that the cops were waiting for him. I told him that I'm glad he's off the highways. Of course, that backfired. Now, I have to drive him around.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Lucky Phil said:
Quit making cars like a living room on wheels. Get rid of the 10 way heated power seats, dvd players, 13 speaker cd players, coolers and cup holders, acc. outlets and hands free cell phones. Keep people a bit more uncomfortable, and they might be more alert. :lol:
Sounds like you're describing a Goldwing. Next thing you'll say is go back to riding 550cc motorcycles. It would be like riding on a 2X4.
Just yankin your chain. :wink:

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Sounds like you're describing a Goldwing. Next thing you'll say is go back to riding 550cc motorcycles. It would be like riding on a 2X4.
Just yankin your chain.

Hey, I didn't say that WE had to be uncomfortable! :a13:

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
i see lots of people do really poor things in a car, and usualy dont get much of a penalty, no matter what.

i have seen 7 time drunk drivers have an accident and then get a driving permit to drive to work shortly after.

the courts dont do that punishment thing very well.

loren

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
And I thought Lucky Phil was describing the future wing design!! Jail time is only a blame penalty for some. Lets go after the idiot that sold them the vehicle, now the results will come in. Guess the only solution for insurance would be a bar code listed on the windshield, then the toll boths would alert us. For people without drivers license, hand cuff them to a city buss all day for their jail time. Make that the back of the bus.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I've got an aquaintance that is an out and out alcoholic. Drunk every day, has had many dui's and simply hires a lawyer! He has never served a day of jail time, never lost his license, NOTHING-NEVER-EVER! :?: What is the correction for this sort of irresponsible behavior? Both by him and by our legal system?

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
When I was 15, I drove a car many times
without a license :(

I get really worried when the sun is setting
opposite of the direction I am driving. That
is when I feel like everybody is going to turn
left in front of me.

Thanks for the post. I need articles like that
to keep me wearing my helmet. One of these
days, I will wear more than shorts.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I feel that she is responsible for the accident. She had no license so she should not have been driving. Period. If she had not been driving she wouldnt have been at that intersection to have caused the accident. I'm glad Im not on that jury.

Even with a license she would still be responsible for the accident. If she was inching out as she claims the officer should have had plenty of time to see her and sound a horn or siren. I believe based on what I read and my expereince in law enforcment she more that likely did a rolling stop.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I think she should go to jail for her crimes. No Lic..come on. I know she never intended for it to happen, who does. She was not qualified to drive. Period...

Its almost like intent. She had no right to be behind the wheel. Even if she was the best driver in the world. That paper is everything.

That little piece of paper gives you the priviledge to operate. Who's car was it. In NJ you have to have a DL to register the car or bike. The owner should be somwhat responciple too if they allowed her to operate without a lic.

I drove when I was 14-16 too. Had nothing but could drive decent. Hell we lived in the boonies. I did get caught and my dad got arrested for it months later. I told the cop I was allowed to use the car, bad move!!. He gave me a warning and let me drive home. I remember it like it was yesterday. I came home from work and my mom was crying.

They picked up my father for letting a unlic, uninsured driver use his car. The cop thought he saw me again driving but he was mistaken and came as he promised and picked up my father. He warned me the first time and I never drove again with the proper stuff. When he got home is was a bad bad time.

He got off and beat my ass when he got home and didn't let me get my permit for a year after my 16th birthday. I was an outcast with no wheels. No wheels, no babes no life.

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Two words: Bill Janklow.

People will not be responsible for their actions, as long as lawyers get people "off the hook" when they aren't.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Judge Brian says shes Guilty

String her up.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Responsibility???!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ward of the state?????!!!!!!

BULLDOG!
I would gladly spend a little to get rid of alot. Thats whats wrong now. We want to blindly close our eyes and say "Oh well, Sh?t happens. Wrong! We as a society have to satnd up and say enough is enough. If you can't even get a license then guess what? You probably dont have insurance which means your vehicle probably has no inspection sticker saying it has been tested and deemed safe to drive which means you also didn't pay the county fees to registar the vehicle like the rest of us. How many times do we say oh well Sh?t happens before it happens to us or our loved ones. Then it will be too late. Then I guess someone says, " Well her kids will only become wards of the state!" I am willing to pay that price to keep the fools and idiots off the streets rather than to take the chance of them killing my family or taking a husband and father from this earth. Grow some nads and wake up!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Bulldogs post

I just went back and read your post-script. YOU ARE wrong. Sometimes life suckes, but WE DONT have to accept it. We can make a difference. Sorry for you that you are stuck in that rut.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Respecting the fact that laws are different from state to state, I have a question about this crash. Please note that my question has nothing to do with the fact this lady had no business operating a motor vehicle!

Now I am assuming this car was pulling away from a stop sign, and my question under Florida law deals with the other vehicle which in this case is the motorcyclist. Does the motorcyclist give up his right of way if he is speeding? Now as a police officer, if he was operating emergency equipment, he has the right of way, but according to the article he was not operating emergency equipment-lights and siren. So he must follow the state laws as any other motorist.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts