GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

Registered
I have a sidecar for when I can't hold a 2 wheeler up anymore and after that I have my other toy.
I built a kit car back in the 70s with my father. It has been covered up in a garage for well over 10 years, 2 years ago I set out to get it back on the road and I am almost finished.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive parking light Car

Registered
Depends on where I'm living or if I'm still RVing. If still RVing, most likely a RZR. Wife has wanted one for several years. If no longer RVing, probably a restomod. Might get back into competitive shooting, though I won't be competitive.

Registered
Last year at 78 I reached the conclusion that my Goldwing was just too much for me anymore, particularly when riding two up. I had become apprehensive about tipovers at every stop sign or red light, especially after two tipovers, one of which happened right in my garage when my foot slipped. But since my wife enjoys riding with me, I went the Can Am Spyder route rather than getting a lighter bike. FWIW, I love the Spyder, and the difference in how it turns is far more than offset by the comfort and stability of this ride, even more comfortable than was the Wing.

If and when I reach the point where the Spyder is too much to handle (although I am not sure how that could ever be the case) then my 2021 Mini Cooper convertible becomes the way to enjoy a ride in the great outdoors. We bought this fun little car for my wife, who had always wanted this particular car, but I drive it far more than she does.

When all of this comes to an end, as someday it might, I hope to have the fastest powered wheelchair available on the market. My mother didn't give up driving until she was 96, when she started to feel that her reaction time was getting too slow to safely drive where she lived in NYC. If I make it to that age, and I'm still driving, then I feel that I will have won the game.

Registered
When the time comes for us to stop riding, what do some of you do to take the place of the enjoyment of riding(if you can replace it馃)
Depends on the reason for "stop riding"......
I have knee issues and was not confident holding up a big touring bike especially when my wife rides with. My wife loves to ride, but was also concerned.
Our solution was to go to a Goldwing Trike......I know some don't want/like this route, but you'd be surprised. Didn't think I'd like it either until I tried it several times.

6-months in on our '22 DCT Tour CSC trike and we both love it......it's a blast and we both are now much more confident.
Different animal than a 2-wheeler but still puts big smiles on our faces! :giggle:

Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Plant

Registered
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT Airbag
If that ain't one of the finest looking trikes I've seen, Dang! I really love that color. I like my '18 Candy Ardent Red but, that blue is outstanding. Now, to the OP's question. Not sure what will happen if I'm cut off from riding. I suspect I'll survive with some form of something to keep me busy. We too RV and we also have a Jeep. I myself wouldn't have a side by side if you paid me. Waaaaaaaaaaay too dusty. I like A/C, windows, comfort, QUIETNESS, and more. I've been a welder, wood worker, fabricator, cabinet builder and a whole lot more for most of my life.

So, when it comes time to hang up the bike keys (or key fob), I figure I'll keep myself busy one way or another.
Scott

Registered
2022 DCT Non-Touring
Hopefully, I have a long time before I have to face that decision. When the time comes it'll be hotrods, convertibles, Slingshots, CanAms, or the like. Trikes are a no-go. Plenty of other choices to be had.

Reactions: igetaround
1 - 20 of 76 Posts